How To Export conversations doesn't appear to be working

JimmyQ

Gold Member
I have tried multiple times recently, in several formats. The exported conversation file does not appear. it was working a few weeks ago, but no longer. Is this a system issue?

Interesting, I'll have to dig down and see what's up

I just ran a test export to a txt file and it worked. Where does your file not appear? I received a notification the export was completed, was able to download it to my PC, and open it.

I am looking for the file in Account Details>>Exported Conversations. Still not there after 4 hours.

I just managed to export a small batch of conversations in TXT format. Still trying more conversations.

Still having issues with exporting conversations in TXT format. It appears to initiate just fine and it say it will continue the export in the background and I will receive notice when it is completed. But I never receive notice that it is completed. Where is that notice supposed to appear so that I can download the export?

Possibly related, I got some error messages in the server log about conversation exporting with "Please enter a value using 100 characters" but it doesn't say who triggered it

Not working for me either. I've tried multiple times throughout the day. After a few minutes, the alert icon acts like I received a new alert, however when I click the icon there aren't any new alerts. If I then go to "Exported Conversations" under my account, nothing is there. I have tried multiple different formats (plain text, HTML, XML) and even tried only exporting one conversation congaing a few messages.

I've tried a couple times in the last few days to export conversations in text format. I got no alerts and nothing appears at the "Exported Conversations" link.

I've exported successfully quite a few times in the past, though I can't find any way in the document I've created to see how long ago the last one was executed. I'm guessing probably sometime over the summer.

Edit: Spark Spark , it'd be nice to get this feature fixed as I like to save my PMs with informational or sales content. Copying and pasting is a lot of work and makes for clumsy, slow loading docs. The export feature is excellent when it's working.
--Thanks, Steve

Last edited:
I tried to export a few email conversations the past couple days and never received the alert, is email export still broke or is there a trick to get it working, thanks

I tried to export a few email conversations the past couple days and never received the alert, is email export still broke or is there a trick to get it working, thanks
Still broke. I haven't been able to export conversations for the past few months.

NateLowery NateLowery I recently tried printing to a pdf and it’s better then export. I haven’t tried printing from a mobile device but from my computer I open the mail conversation I want to export and with my mouse I select print to a pdf in that page and it will save that conversation page. If your conversation has multiple pages you have to do this with all pages.

My "Conversations" are full and I can't seem to delete any. I did message support, hope to get this cleared up.

NateLowery NateLowery I recently tried printing to a pdf and it’s better then export. I haven’t tried printing from a mobile device but from my computer I open the mail conversation I want to export and with my mouse I select print to a pdf in that page and it will save that conversation page. If your conversation has multiple pages you have to do this with all pages.
Thanks, that's a pretty good idea. Would still be nice to have the export function working so I could do it in bulk, but I'll try this for now.

Spark Spark . I still can't get Export Conversations to work--at least I'm not getting any alerts and don't know where to go to find them. It sure would be good to get this working again as there are definitely some I'd like to save while leaving some room for new correspondence.

Edit: Actually, I just found the link to where exported conversations should be, but there's nothing there.

Last edited:
Export conversation appears to be nonfunctional again. Have tried multiple formats and even one conversation at a time. Nothing works.

Back