1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Fairly Knives 2017 - What would you like to see!

Discussion in 'Daniel Fairly Knives' started by Daniel Fairly Knives, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Daniel Fairly Knives

Daniel Fairly Knives Full Time Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 9, 2011
    Thanks to everyone for a great year! What would you like to see from Fairly Knives in 2017?

I'm making mostly folders this year along with a Tomahawk design or two and the occasional fixed blade. I'd like to release a few new framelock designs as well as a detent lock folder. A Backpacker framelock design is nearly ready along with several EDC's and an over the top hard use framelock. What do you want to see!

2. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Kiridashi folder!
    Check out David Wolf's Killidashi, for a folder blade idea, Daniel!
    I like your S.S.I.K. kiridashi folder too!

3. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    A fixed blade along the lines of the backpacker, out of steel, with just a little larger blade and handle and slightly thicker overall, with a handle (removable scales, preferably).

4. Farchyld

Farchyld

Sep 10, 2011
    How about that backpacker-esq low profile blade we talked about awhile back? Something less hiking-utility, more defense >_>

5. Frailer

Frailer Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 25, 2009
    ^^this.

6. Menefee_01

Menefee_01

Nov 10, 2007
    Smatchet

7. Daniel Fairly Knives

Daniel Fairly Knives Full Time Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 9, 2011
    Sometimes Smatchet is the only... and perfect answer.

8. copper55

copper55

Dec 7, 2009
    I would like to see one of your folders in my pocket

9. Daniel Fairly Knives

Jan 9, 2011
    Thanks guys!

I really like the idea of a bigger Backpacker,. I used to make a model along those lines and it sold very well with great feedback.

10. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    And, more DF PCPB's.
    Pocket Clip Pry Bars.

11. adamlau

adamlau Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 13, 2002
    Agreed. More PCPBs. With a clip designed to use the lanyard hole.

12. adamlau

adamlau Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 13, 2002
    AEB-L kitchen knives including pettys. Great gifts for moms and wives. And everyone else :) .