• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Farid CPM-REX-121 ‘K2’ possible folder project

001.jpg

Great news! Thanks for the update.:thumbup::)

Steven

Love the look of the blade in it's raw stage ,tempted to ask to leave mine in that stage on the finished knife :D

Just an update, all the blades are now heat-treated and all ground to finished dimension, I am right now in the middle of making the 6AL/4V titanium spacers and then fitting the blades in the frames, then bead blasting and sharpening. I will try and upload a picture of some of the finished blades. Thank you all for your patients. F

Farid i cannot email or pm me u for some reason but i was wondering do you have any REX 121 mules at this time?

Hello Stefan, my last REX 121 test mule went to Sal Glesser for testing. If you can get a few people together I’ll make another small batch.

Farid i cannot email or pm me u for some reason but i was wondering do you have any REX 121 mules at this time?

Just an update, all the blades are now heat-treated and all ground to finished dimension, I am right now in the middle of making the 6AL/4V titanium spacers and then fitting the blades in the frames, then bead blasting and sharpening. I will try and upload a picture of some of the finished blades. Thank you all for your patients. F
Cool, thanks for keeping us updated on these. :thumbup:

Very nice! I'm looking forward to the pictures. I'm looking even more forward to the knife itself. I haven't been buying much lately and I've been thinking about this one quite often.

Hey Farid as per our Pm if you have a extra in the works I am interested once you have the pre orders taken care of. Thanks Martin

Update,
All the titanium spacers are now made and I have already started to fit the blades in to the titanium frames. In the next few days I will try and finish just one and upload pics for all you to see. Thank you all. F

Last edited:
This is a picture of an unfinished CPM REX-121 K2.
0012-Copy.jpg

Oh man, it looks awesome. I can not wait to put mine in my pocket.

If you notice, the curvature on the top is a lot less than before, it is more of a bowie now.

Another update:
I have finished setting the lock on these, in the next few days the ‘D’ tent, fitting the titanium clip, bead blasting sharpening and final cleaning and lubrication.

I've been following this thread for a while, I didn't purchase one but I can't wait to see the finished product

Back