Favorite big knife over 7"

Not a fan of big knives generally but I really really like my Skrama. Its replaced my hatchet for camping, usually combined with a small saw and small knife.

30189.jpg

30189a.jpg

For over all use I'll have to give a vote for My Parang HD . I have been overly impressed with mine so far . It cuts grasses and chops wood alike .

I would suggest the ESEE Libertariat (expat knives). Not as an all in one, but if you are carrying a nice folder this would make a very functional companion that can suit a variety of camp chores from wood chopping to the camp kitchen.
It was a limited release knife, but you can still pick them up online. Got mine for $81.
B03590rmyaJRFpNZHyt6EsUiOg7qE7_TkxKw9WFKEcJGLSA33my4hf5OfBZVHhaZA9OqTvC-qc0PByOhVWuY-vumMHYwplLjh5i0MebtjNRq4hURE05bs0simJo6M6I0ERiYEcSr

XB0bHshbQXyoXkyEfZyG2gcdkX8a0jYdeASKjLmG_-5Y7czKzh65u6vq1Npc1r7wEBF1WKTOky3OdXp9WFSClsZnySiEsnoHgv8fbPg1drD7nYyivnL3PSW5uB5v_ON0y81U6A0X

Lionsteel M7 is high on my wishlist in this cathegory.
But many great suggestions are already made in this thread

My Carothers Light Chopper has me pretty much spoiled for every other large-ish blade.

I agree the light chopper is a force to be reckoned with i havent found anything else like it. Nsthans proprietary delta 3v is the best steel i have ever used. It can cut through nails and not chip and it sharpens like a dream

Back