Favorite Emerson to EDC?

Horseman - just an awesome knife

When I got mine it kicked my Sebenza out of my pocket as an edc. It fits my hand absolutely perfectly! I never have been one to get duplicates but I might have to just to insure I will always have a Horseman in my pocket!

I always have my mini a-100. I will pair that with either my SPECWAR CQC-11 or my CQC-7V that I built at the factory.

I'm partial to my cqc 7, but my a100 is a close 2nd. They split time most of the days, but sometimes I'll carry both.

I brought these two on a vacation.
AAF1FBFF-67EC-42A5-A5B1-FC3F2B1248C9-606-000000A0F78BBA55.jpg

B9A3463B-514A-4D93-A500-D588ED36DF40-606-000000A1155F0024.jpg

We are spending the week in Vermont at Lake Champlain with my in-laws. It has been fun but I only brought a couple of blades so the withdrawal is getting to great.

Of all of mine, my 3 favorite Emersons to carry are (and generally in this order):

1. Commander with wave and PE non-coated blade.
2. CQC-7, PE non-waved/non coated blade. (my oldest son has this one right now, and I haven't gotten a newer waved one out of the box to replace it yet)
3. CQC-11 with wave and PE coated blade.

Emerson Commander plain blade black finish. Wife's got it sitting in the closet for my Christmas present. I'm not supposed to know. Heh.

I rotate between my CQC15, Gentleman Jim, CQC7, and a Combat Karambit for EDC. My favorite is the CQC15, but you really can't beat the fast deployment from nearly any position of the karambit. I love Emersons. I'm in search of my grail knife -- a Custom CQC15

I like my mini 7 PE satin finish. I polished all the hardware, pretty sweet. There is something so simplistic about it? I have a horseman on the way from a trade, interested in how that will feel. Love Emerson Knives, gonna get me a custom one day

Just got a mini cqc15 and its my first emerson. Absolutely in love. I sold my custom ritter mini grip - which I swore I'd never sell - just to fund turning the cqc15 into a framelock. I like it that much :)

A user Horseman i received as a gift..... It had an uneven grind so I removed the bottom half of the black coating and gave it a 20 deg polished egde using an Wicked Edge. I LOVE this blade!

photo-17.jpg

What's the handle length of the Horseman? I just ordered the regular size CQC-8 a few days ago. I like full size handles...AFCK, Endura, REKAT Carnivore, etc. size handles.

Last edited:
What's the handle length of the Horseman? I just ordered the regular size CQC-8 a few days ago. I like full size handles...AFCK, Endura, REKAT Carnivore, etc. size handles.
The full scale is roughly 4 7/8". Usable handle (due to the choil) is about 4".

Back