Favorite Knives?

Bill Siegle

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Been wondering about what folks consider their favorite user knives. Not just Siegle made knives, what are your favorite knives you use. I'll post mine after I give it a bit of consideration as I have quite a few to choose from. Feel free to post pics too :)

A few of my non-Siegle favorites.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441976111.137474.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441976138.701111.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441976191.830190.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441976157.911314.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441976157.911314.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 48
My favorite users are my Gossman big boar tusker and one he made to my specs called the MUSK. I have a .200 thick by 8 inch by 2 inch wide knife from Bruce Culberson. Next is my 5/16 thick Siegle SAR 6 and my hardcore survival and my Siegle Bulldozier! I have quite a few more but these are my go to knives along with one of my Leathermans

I have 3 fixed in rotation.
Busse SHBM, Fehrman Extreme Judgment, and the big butcher knife

But I'd love to have an original Hoodlum!!!

Siegle SAR-4 and its companion...

SAR-4-FSH2.jpg

Cheers,

After much contemplation, I have narrowed it down to these. Three fixed and three folding. I don't think I have been without at least one of these on my person in the last ten years. Keep in mind I have an obnoxious amount of knives and could easily make a case for any of them, these are the ones I always have near or on my person. LOT of good memories attached to them and they perform so well that I would feel well equipped in just about any situation knowing they were available to me. The fixed blades are a BK&T BK4 and BK9 and a Busse NMFSH. The Beckers are true super values in the knife world and way outperform what their cost would have you expecting. I am usually at a coin toss between the BK9 and the BK4. A spare BK4 rides in my truck and if the SHTF, it will be my "only one". The Busse has been my favorite brute force blade and has been thrown, batoned, and used for chopping a ridiculous amount of camp wood. For pocket\EDC carry, one of these three has been in my pocket since at least 2006. The RAT1 I got directly from Jeff Randall when I met him at SHOT show. If I recall correctly I believe that was when I first met Ethan Becker and Doug Ritter too :) I have a couple more as back ups if this one should ever wear out :D The Todd Begg CIG I bought at the last Blade Show West from Todd and it is as smooth today as the day I got it. The G10 shows some dirt but when I clean it up, it looks almost new. The Hinderer is my current pocket carry and my favorite of his designs. It has that solid, overbuilt feel to it but the slicer grind, while being sturdy, is still a fine cutter.

BK11, BK4, Fiddleback Bushfinger, my Siegle Becker handled Bolo, and Hinderer Spanto.

Last edited:
I remember that one :) I really liked the grip on it.

I don't have the funds to own tons of knives (ok, I have too many, but a very small collection compared most).

I would have to rank the customized FBMLE I got from you Bill.

The hand shaped handle and the clip, and the nasty edge you put on it made it tough to beat.

Course, I sold it because I had three new big choppers to house, and needed to clear up funds for taxes.

Now my big one is a KZII, that I convexed, and hand shaped the handle.

I do as well....fits my hand perfectly. Strangely enough, it does not carry your mark on the blade.

I have a bad habit of occasionally not marking blades. I try to mark everything now so that even if it's not a full finished knife, people will still know where it came from.

Back