Favorite method

db

To all, what is your favorite openning method?
Mine is the simple drop flip, however I like doing the flashier ones but seem to like the simple ones the best.
Btw glad to see this forum it has renewed my interest in the Balies, I even just ordered a new one, and dug out my old pos from earlier days.

I use the Latch opening the most, it is very fast, two versions, one is where the handles are rocked out and the one handled grabbed, the other is where I snap my hand backwards as I release the handle.

I've been TRYING to do the rollover and I ain't getting it!
Arrrggghhh

G2

------------------
"The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions!"
Take the time to read your Bible Now, don't be left behind...

G2 LeatherWorks

I like opening it with the finger rollover, you just look like you are a bad ass.......

Double flip out-to-in. Very fast, very secure, very easy, and yet quite impressive.

I often transition the double flip out-to-in into a reverse finger roll, then reverse that into a forward finger roll, follow with a propeller spin and a single flip-up opening.

------------------
Chuck
Balisongs -- because it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing!
http://www.balisongcollector.com

I think Im caught in a nice little rut...

My favorite openings/closeings are ariels, and just cant stop doing them(after all the cuts and scars from learning them, mind you
smile.gif
). I can do my throw openings and throw closes back to back over and over for hours and never get bored. Now Im working on ariel transfers, but my left hand still needs some practice.
I should be trying to strengthen my fingers to learn Clay's finger twirl tricks. I only can do the twirls between the index and middle finger; too weak to do the ones between the middle and ring finger. But hey, I got the ariel tricks keeping me TOO occupied to want to expand my bali trickery.

...what a fine little rut Im in...

-sgtp

[This message has been edited by Sgtp (edited 03-15-2000).]

aerial close.. what a concept.. I have been away from training in a while I forgot to learn that
smile.gif
for shame!

fave is the latch drop.

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~soo/balisong/balisong.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~soo/balisong/balisong.html
</A> If you play with love you will be heartbroken; if you play with knives you will [bleed]

Oh Susan, after I sent you that special breakdown for the aerial techniques, you're telling me you never played with aerial closings???

I don't know whats wrong with kids these days!.............. AAAAAAAHahahahahahaha.

------------------
Clay
www.balisongxtreme.com
Because......
getting 'em open
is half the fun!

I am finding that I like a different method to close than open. Some of those methods are unreal that I see on that web page.

I like double flip opening technique for its stability, and its least independence of gravity. I still prefer single flip techniques to double flips for its simpleness. Flipping from down to up in front of me, and from back to forward in my backside. The latter one is more preferrable for its concealedness to me.

A well trained single flip opening can scarcely seen it when open. Heard there was once a bali contest in Japan over ten years ago, a guy (an engineer working for Honda in Kyoto) won the second by the single flip technique only, simply draw and open VERY quickly.

------------------
\(^o^)/ Mizutani Satoshi \(^o^)/

Back