Recommendation? Favorite pants with a knife pocket?

Low_rez

Platinum Member
I am looking for great pants with a real dedicated knife pocket. Does anyone out there know of any brands of pants that were made to carry a knife? Or have you been wearing something that works perfectly to carry a medium sized folder?

I am familiar with and own a few tactical brands like 5.11 and Truspec but was wondering what else is out there. Price is not a factor. I wear all kinds of pants from cheap (Gap Jeans) to expensive (Fjallraven Keb Trousers) so if to works for me, I will get it.

Last edited:
I've been tossing around the idea of reinforcing regular jeans pockets with an extra piece of denim to extend the pocket life. 5.11 pants come with a spot that has extra material just for this reason.

But blue jeans just blend in better. My only gripe with the blue jeans is the short pocket life. First the threads come undone and the fraying starts. Then the ragedy look, that looks like a bum hung onto the pocket by his teeth and was booted off.

I think the extra fabric on blue jeans would be awesome. Sorry I'm no help.

I think it would help if you specified folder or fixed.

A quick Google search yielded results, though I don't want to link a listing in error - are pants listings from non-sponsors prohibited?

I think it would help if you specified folder or fixed.

A quick Google search yielded results, though I don't want to link a listing in error - are pants listings from non-sponsors prohibited?

I just specified a medium sized folder. What search words did you use?

I have some nice ones from the Arcteryx Leaf catalog that have a great knife pocket. Check their offerings out.

I have some jeans from Diamond Gusset that have a coin pocket that will hold a full size Sodbuster.

People are going to laugh at me but the LA Police Gear Operator tacitcal pants (whoa...I know I got your attention now...cool name eh?) are pretty darn nice for the price. The dual front slit pockets can hold a knife but if you sit, they aren't at the best position. I put my knife in the right side cargo pocket.

If you are talking about beating up pocket due to pocket clips and wave openings, you could probably find a good material to iron or sew onto the pocket itself.

For holding up to years of waving open my big CS folders , I'd recommend BDU NYCO pants . Plenty of pockets and the nylon makes them very tough .

"pants with pocket for knife"

Thank you!
From that search I found old threads from BF that gave a few ideas. One person said to have a taylor sew a separation in the pocket of your fave pants. Another said to cut out the bottom seam on your jeans 5th pocket so the knife larger knive now can fit and hangs above the contents of the pocket below.

I found a pair of Wrangler RIGGS jeans with a leather reinforced pocket that looked inexpensive enough to give a try. But the search continues...

Last edited:
LL Bean cargo pants . Sturdy and plenty of pockets . Even an extra pocket on each side , just behind the regular front pockets, that have zippers to close up valuables . These are my fancy pants ! ;)

Truspec 24/7 pants. They have a dedicated knife pocket on each hip in between the front and rear pockets. I like mine.

Back