Favourite movie with Ka-Bar knife?

Just watched a movie called "Saturday Island" with Tab Hunter and Linda Darnell.
Shot on location in Fiji in 1952,tells the story of a Marine and Navy Lieutenant shipwrecked
on an island.
The young Marine uses his Ka-Bar knife (1219) to construct shelters,gather food,build fires etc.

What is your favourite movie with a Ka-Bar knife?

"The Hunted" Even though not the star knife in the flick it did get some time. Training sequence, bailing out of the "girlfriend"'s house.

One of my favorite things to do when watching movies is to see if I can spot a knife (of any make) to pin down what the knife is. There are so many movies with KA-BAR's in them now sometimes I think that is the only reason I watch movies anymore. One of my new favorites the Netflix Punisher series that came out a few years ago. On The Walking Dead The Governor carried a discontinued KA-BAR; when we asked about it we were told it was his own personal knife that he brought with him from home. I have always wanted to compile a list of movies that a KA-BAR appears, though it can be difficult to determine if it is actually a KA-BAR - sometimes they are simply props made to look like a knife and many simply associate the Fighting/Utility Knife with what a knife should look like.

Tour Of Duty (CBS): New Zealand daily TV audience insights for ...

Tour of Duty (CBS 1987-1990, Terence Knox, Kevin Conroy ...

Last edited:
S.O.A flashes alot of kabars if memory serves, not a movie though 🤗
My wife loved that show. I must have told her “they’re asking for trouble carrying those big knives” a million times 😂

Chuck Norris doesn't need a knife. A knife needs Chuck Norris. 😁

Although not my "favorite" movie, here's an obscure Marine Ka-bar sighting- In the movie "Something Wild" Ray Liotta plays a sociopathic criminal who carries a Ka-bar in his boot. But someone went a step further and modified the knife, just like a criminal might, by removing the handle and wrapping the tang with what looks like a combination of cord and black tape to make it more concealable.

The knife doesn't see screen time until the end, where it plays a pivotal role.

Last edited:
yeah you're right.
mr norris had an on screen run
at the receiving end once
and it turned over :)

killgar would know
especially if its something wild ;-)
its the first blood stained
kbar prop i've seen :)
Something Wild (1986)

Jeff Daniels in Something Wild (1986)

Back