February update

Bobby Branton

Well, it is February already!!! Time flies when you are having fun.
I am beginning to feel much better these days, but have a ways to go. I hope to be in much better shape by Blade Show time this year. I am sooo close to being caught up on all of my back projects that it is not funny. I still have 2 folders that are looong overdue and I intend to start work on them real soon.

I hosted 15 Boy and Cub Scouts last weekend and they wanted me to help them make a knife. I was thinking about maybe a bushcraft style knife that they can cord wrap. I want to be able to do this for them , but may need to auction off some stuff to help offset the cost of the steel, water jet, heat treat and handle material. Donations would be cool too. Maybe I could sell a knife and offer the buyer a chance to buy an extra one to help offset the cost of the Boy Scout knife?? More on this later.
BB

Attachments

• bushcraft.jpg
    bushcraft.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I'll be doing my March update later this week. I have a lot of new and cool stuff going on.

This is a rough idea on how I will grind the knife. It will be more of a utility blade. I will make a couple and test them before finishing the others. It will be set up for handles or cord wrap.

bush-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
That's Great your Working with the Boy Scout's on a Bushcraft Knife project ! Doing the Cord Wrapped Handle will keep the Price down, And Cord Wrapped Handle's are a great choice for Bushcraft/Survival Knive's, Let me know a Price on these Knive's I might be able to get one and purchase one for a Scout, Thank's !

Back