Feedback

been trying to leave feedback, as a buyer, from both my iphone and my PC.

I am doing everything I did before the update, but....

I get the following error:
"Invalid thread specified. You can leave feedback only for the starter of the thread or if you have started the thread."

I am trying to leave feedback for the starter of the thread, aka seller.

Any suggestions?

If you haven't posted in the thread I don't believe you're able to leave feedback.

I suspect that this is a new rule that will cause quite a bit of concern for potential buyers who choose NOT to post "I'll take it" within the thread... for privacy issues or whatever. I don't know the reasoning behind it, but I'll certainly comply with it.
I think it's an easy switch of gears...and my future sales threads will state that any feedback is not allowed unless the buyer posts within the sales thread.

I believe it's actually a requirement of the software itself.

Feedback is voluntary, so posting in threads is not necessary for a sale nor should it deter one either, as long as the buyer/seller are both cool without feedback.

The privacy issue is moot anyhow since anyone concerned about feedback needs to understand that it will link them to the deal thread.

I believe it's actually a requirement of the software itself.
Okay, I understand this. Now, how about when I post a WTB a folder. I just posted this, and shortly thereafter a forum GOLD member in good standing answered me with a conversation, which resulted in the excellent Slysz Bowie that I received today in the mail. Does the software make any allowances, for feedback, for these types of transactions? Thank you for putting up with all of the headaches.
KingMC made a good point about feedback NOT being a necessity. And, that's true for us old buggers that have more than we need.
But for the new kid on the block, good feedback is a gold mine. Whenever I research a product on-line, with intent of a possible purchase, the first thing I look at is feedback.
As I've said, this new rule will likely be old news rather quickly, as potential buyers realize that receiving feedback necessitates their having posted within the sales thread. A bit of ripple in the wave, but will settle out rather soon.

Last edited:
I believe if the person posted to your want to buy ad you should be able to leave feedback for each other.

Back