Fiddleback community center

Anyone know Sergio’s user name? I have a knife to sell that he has FROR on, but not his user name!

Thanks all!

Today is the 2nd anniversary of my Mum’s passing & my Dad sent me a pic of a page from her diary. Strange that he found this diary just today.

“On the operation table I was told by the doctor that I have given birth to twin boys and that all was well. I was in seventh heaven and peacefully went off to sleep unaware that my son was struggling for life. Quietly striving hard. Quietly he had allowed his other twin to have all the space. It was one and a half days later that I was able to hold my son in my arms. He opened his eyes looked at me in a quiet sombre manner silently telling me it's ok. I am ok. The child looked so fragile just 3 lbs barely 1 and half kgs yet he was so fiercely independent. He would open his dreamy eyes look at me and then go off to sleep as though telling me It's ok mom. I am fine you rest.”

Today is the 2nd anniversary of my Mum’s passing & my Dad sent me a pic of a page from her diary. Strange that he found this diary just today.

“On the operation table I was told by the doctor that I have given birth to twin boys and that all was well. I was in seventh heaven and peacefully went off to sleep unaware that my son was struggling for life. Quietly striving hard. Quietly he had allowed his other twin to have all the space. It was one and a half days later that I was able to hold my son in my arms. He opened his eyes looked at me in a quiet sombre manner silently telling me it's ok. I am ok. The child looked so fragile just 3 lbs barely 1 and half kgs yet he was so fiercely independent. He would open his dreamy eyes look at me and then go off to sleep as though telling me It's ok mom. I am fine you rest.”
Wow. That's beautiful and touching Abe.

Oh my goodness, the love.

What a tribute to both of you; a gift across the years.

~ P.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing this Abe. You must have had a wonderful Mum.
It's funny how things play out in life. I was thinking just a day ago that it would be nice if I started a diary or journal. I believe this was a welcome sign.

Thanks P, Sergio. I do miss her especially on occasions like this but it was awesome to see something she had written just after I was born. Never knew that I almost didn’t make it past my first day on the planet.

Some positive news - after 4.5 years I finally made it to my dissertation defense today and passed. Closing that chapter of my life and full steam ahead for new projects, bushcraft and otherwise, with a few more letters and some experience under the belt!

Think i'll buy a knife ...

Last edited:
Some positive news - after 4.5 years I finally made it to my dissertation defense today and passed. Closing that chapter of my life and full steam ahead for new projects, bushcraft and otherwise, with a few more letters and some experience under the belt!

Congratulations. There's nothing like the feeling of getting that weight off your shoulders. I hope you reap many rewards for the hard work.

Congratulations!! Good luck in your endeavors.

Now, What kind of knife are you looking at? :D

Nothing like more letters under the belt. :thumbsup:

Wait, wut?

Congratulations!

Onwards. :)

~ P.

Rejoice with me in the birth of my son Duncan! (He was born yesterday) Mom is doing great, however Duncan is being monitored for a possible coarctation of the aorta. Won't know for sure until the PDA closes and another echocardiogram can be done.

Woot woot. Congrats and all the best!!

Chris D.:D

Rejoice with me in the birth of my son Duncan! (He was born yesterday) Mom is doing great, however Duncan is being monitored for a possible coarctation of the aorta. Won't know for sure until the PDA closes and another echocardiogram can be done.

Congrats to you and your wife & welcome Duncan! We'll keep you all in our thoughts and prayers. :thumbsup:

Back