Fiddleback Rarities

A few weeks back before things got crazy in my neck of the woods I was able to get a Carver from a great member here that is just awesome. It's from Andy's 2012 batch with ironwood and black/blue liners and its not been skeletonized so the weight is in the handle. This thing is my dream knife and was able to get a awesome sheath from Heber to go with it that is like a pocket sheath. Just wanted to share a rare Bird with this cool bunch and a great sheath! Thanks again guys Merry Christmas.

So glad you are happy with the knife. Had no ? It's new home would be a good one ..

Merry Christmas!

Oh my. That Ladyfinger is beautiful.

Might be this one.

If it is it has traveled quite a bit. Used to belong to Nightfly, who died tragically a year ago, who sold it to me. I sold it back to a member here. He later sold it to another member here afaik

Might be this one.

If it is it has traveled quite a bit. Used to belong to Nightfly, who died tragically a year ago, who sold it to me. I sold it back to a member here. He later sold it to another member here afaik

Yeah, that was a nice blade. I purchased that one for my wife. It has since been sent to Andy for retirement.

Yeah, that was a nice blade. I purchased that one for my wife. It has since been sent to Andy for retirement.

Retirement, how did that happen, was it broken?

Sounds like that one has been through a lot anyways, if only knives could talk.. :rolleyes:

Retirement? That's too bad. The Lady looks so young and vibrant.

If she needs a stable environment, with close friends that will never leave, I know the place... ;)

She was in great shape when she left Norway, only knife my wife has missed (too bad she only told me after I sold it... :eek:)

Thanks Shamr0ck, I appreciate it. Trying to carve a boat for my kid right now with it hahaha.

Merry Christmas.

These seem to be kind of rare based on age and materials. 2009 Hunter with EIR over Padauk. 2011 Hiking Buddy with bolsters and 1/4" pins. 2010 Hiking Buddy with short lived shade of green Shadetree.

DSC_0243_zpsb817d2c3.jpg

Last edited:
I goofed, will fix with quote later...when I am not lost in the madness of Christmas...

I was using my Woodchuck in the kitchen today and got to thinking it's somewhat of a rarity with its 1/4" pins, tapered tang and combo hammered/spalted flats.

Not sure how easy it is to see the hammering on the flats here. This is the only Fiddleback I have that's like it.

Here's a bit of a rare bird. It's stainless in S35VN with spalting! Bolstered and Shadetree as well. I was looking for these pics and realized that they were taken exactly 3 years ago from now. My, how time flies.
Take care everyone.

IMG_1491-vi.jpg

IMG_1500-vi.jpg

IMG_1498-vi.jpg

IMG_1495-vi.jpg

IMG_1493-vi.jpg

A few weeks back before things got crazy in my neck of the woods I was able to get a Carver from a great member here that is just awesome. It's from Andy's 2012 batch with ironwood and black/blue liners and its not been skeletonized so the weight is in the handle. This thing is my dream knife and was able to get a awesome sheath from Heber to go with it that is like a pocket sheath. Just wanted to share a rare Bird with this cool bunch and a great sheath! Thanks again guys Merry Christmas.

Cory, nice knife! The knife and sheath look good together. Glad you're enjoying it.

Thanks Heber,
It fits great and I think that color you did matches the ironwood perfectly! Can't wait to see your liner matching threaded sheaths, may need another one with blue to match the carvers'.

Thought I'd bring this zombie thread back up .. especially after this Fighter arrived today.
I've only seen 2 of these before (both in pics). This thing is a Bushboot on Mega-Steroids!

fighter_bushb_2015.jpg

Back