Fighter #2 of 3 Comments welcome

Next Blade design in the series of three.
Constructive comments are welcome as this is a prototype. As in the earlier thread this will be done in 154cm with black G10 guard and black handle along with a steel pommel in the finished version.

Traction grooves are an experiment and will be refined...how?
You could help there. Maybe random divets...who knows/
Thanks for looking

Attachments

• green fighter 015.jpg
    green fighter 015.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 252
  • green fighter 003.jpg
    green fighter 003.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 157
Hmm, I like this version a little more than I liked your first- the traction grooves are a good idea. Why'd you make the guard out of G10, though?

Hmmmm....I really like the shortened ricasso over the earlier version.....

I would say you need to add a thong tubing.

On the friction grooved....I would just add a brace of 4 to 5 vertical ones starting at the center of the grip. It is easy to get carried away with the file...and traction in areas other than I mentioned can get rough on the hand under heavy use.

This is a great design.

In response to madcap-magician's question...G10 or micarta makes a fine guard....it is easier to work....and much lighter weight too. Plenty tough too.

looks like a good knife.....I'd just say play with the design untill you hit the nail on the head :) Off to a fantastic start!!

I like it :) My one question is: given that the knife has a full guard, how functional is the finger groove/choil/what-have-you at the base of the blade? Other'n that, I think it looks like a good design, improved over the first one. As for the traction grooves, your best bet is probably to do some cutting with the knife and get a feel for where it needs the grooves, and what shape/how big they ought to be.

Trout Tamer said:
I like it :) My one question is: given that the knife has a full guard, how functional is the finger groove/choil/what-have-you at the base of the blade? Other'n that, I think it looks like a good design, improved over the first one. As for the traction grooves, your best bet is probably to do some cutting with the knife and get a feel for where it needs the grooves, and what shape/how big they ought to be.

Choil should work I'm thinking! Notice the Blade is full width where it meets the guard and it will have a 3/4" wide tang running thru the handle on the final versions.
This will be my beater test knife anyway and I may see what it will take to break this one:D
This one is done in 5160 but that is not what I will be testing.
It will be the ergonomics, leverage and just how much abuse the handle will take before it breaks!
Final designs as stated will get 1/4" 154cm so they will be pretty damn bullet proof. As long as they are used for a knife:D

Back