Fighter WIP

good to see so much of your process. I just love the steel and the guard/spacers. The whole thing is nice, but the steel is what grabs me.

I tend to use files for most of the stock removal on handle and fittings, since I don't screw those up. it is good to see how someone who is more proficient with a grinder does the same things.

thanks a lot for the thread.

kc

what is the advantage or disadvantages of drilling the pin hole before or after gluing (ive seen it done before the knife is glued previously).

and thanks for taking the time to post the progress pictures, they are very helpful.

It's amazing to me to be able to see this kind of quality work. As a general FYI Mr. Patton's website has some great information as well. I just spent 30 minutes there and learned as much about knife making/steel as I've learned the past 6 months here.

WOW!!! Keep up the GREAT work with WIPs - I learn something with everyone I follow thru. I just found this tonight... AND, most of all, that's a really NICE knife.... Desert Ironwood sure sets it off.

Ken H>

I don't know how I missed this but wanted to be subscribed for reference and also say that is outstanding looking! Thanks for doing this.

Before you showed the final project I was thinkning those lines from the guard to the handle have an awesome flow....then you showed the blade and WOW!!!!!! I can see how the twist played out in the blade design. I am truley inspired by project like this. Great step by step or as you guys refer to it WIP.

Thanks for all your work on this post. You have answered a lot of questions that I have been asking myself for quite some time. Truly inspiring work!!!!

Back