Fikes inspired blade

Bill Siegle

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
If anyone has been paying attention, I am a huge fan of the work of Jimmy Fikes. I make pieces in the vein of his cord wrapped pieces occasionally and sometimes choose scales to finish out a project. Well the other night I was scrolling YouTube and looking through some of his videos. The one where he is walking around just cutting stuff with his Jungle Honey just hit me and I had to make myself one! For sure it’s not a perfect comparison but it suits me well👍 I used black G10 scales and 1/4in 5160. It is 25 3/4in overall with a 14 3/4in blade tip to handle. The blade is 2 1/2in at its widest section. Both edges are sharpened too 😁 It weighs in at 2lbs 11oz and feels pretty good in my paws. Its balance point is about 1in forward of the scales. I’m extremely pleased with this beast! It’s a sword, machete, borong, glaive, spear, and knife all rolled into one!!!!

IMG_4157.jpegIMG_4158.jpegIMG_4160.jpegIMG_4159.jpeg

I got some field time in this week with the Fikes inspired blade and the Predator machete. Apparently I didn’t get enough Predator pics but it is a powerful chopper! The Fikes style is AMAZING!!!! It bites deep! The extra long handle gives lots of workable options depending on the cut you wish to make. The Predator machete is also excellent! It feels really good in the hand and takes big bites and slashes light stuff well. Can’t really call a favorite of the two.

IMG_4268.jpegIMG_4269.jpegIMG_4270.jpegIMG_4271.jpeg

Are you going to sell any of this design?

I was going to hang onto this one a while longer but Ive had a few folks reach out about it recently and Ive decided to let it go on to the next happy owner. In the spirit of fairness I will be posting it for sale in the Knife Maker’s section sometime on Wednesday. First “I’ll take it” posted in that thread gets it. All information will be in the ad👍 Good luck to all!!!

Back