FIRST LOOK! Kershaw 4040 Ruby...40th Anniversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all you knife nuts!
Are you ready for the 40th Anniversary Kershaw model number 4040? It’s called the Ruby. It has a full Titanium handle and a solid ZDP blade. It is a Limited Edition, as you would expect. It has KVT bearings and the special 40th Anniversary markings on the DLC coated blade. You can see that the pivot is specially made for this beauty, too! No MSRP on this yet. Specs will be coming out soon, too. There aren't any numbers on how many will be available when they come out, but I know I will be chasing one!
Ruby10_zps56c7950a.jpg

Ruby11_zps0fdf79cd.jpg

Ruby8_zps5d290d30.jpg

Ruby5_zps561d2139.jpg

Ruby9_zps5e6aa353.jpg

Ruby3_zps0e308dd5.jpg

Ruby2_zpsfb2559b7.jpg

Disclaimers: ETA's are currently not available. Tweaks to the design and specifications for are subject to change for final production. The images above are property of KAI USA Ltd. and posted here with their permission. I do not speak for or represent Kershaw or KAI USA. I'm just lucky enough to be given the privilege of providing sneak peeks here for some of their new products.

I really like the blade shape and handle, but I'm not crazy about the graphics.

Very nice, but the MSRP I saw was $500 and it is not worth that to me at all. Still cool and good job, the red does at a nice touch.

Normally, I just ignore any standoffs/backspacer. Those demand attention. That is really cool. I like how they went with the 40th anniversary being the "Ruby" anniversary to name it. This makes me wonder if in 10 years they'll have a model named "Gold".

I really like the blade shape and handle, but I'm not crazy about the graphics.

Its meant to be flashy and demand attention! Its on par with the other anniversary knives they have produced, if not a step up! I'm looking forward to seeing this one in person someday.

Hmm..., I may have to buy one of these.

I uh...hmm. You know, I don't really know how I feel about it. I do know that I most likely wouldn't pay what these things will undoubtedly go for on the secondary market.

Soooo, what to say?

I know: Just another ugly, asymetrical Frame-Lock ... hate them!

I hate it especially at that price point! Just my opinion though which means nothing :) I love the shape of the knife but its just way to flashy for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back