FIRST LOOK QSP penguin, Vosteed Corgi, Sencut Citius

These are 3 lower cost knives with similar, small, size. I have not had anything else from these brands before. They were bought to use and possibly gift.
You can just about wrap your hand around them fully, though there is not much space left on the handle after that.
The Citius and the Penguin have deep carry pocket clips. They all have reversible pocket clips.

The Corgi comes with the fanciest steel here. Sandvic 14C. Micarta
Very smooth operation, too smooth if anything, and the flat ground blade cuts well.
The button lock takes a bit of getting used to but it quickly becomes easier to use. Fidget toy :)
This fits my hands the best as it has the biggest handle.
Looks good. Opens with a disappointing "cling" sound but locks well.
Ball bearings.
It was about double the price of the other two, possibly because of the steel and the fancier, newer, lock.
Came in that soft clam case that many knives come in these days, which I have very little use for, on a user knife.

The Penguin came in D2. Micarta. Other options are available.
Washers at the pivot, so opens in an older fashioned way, but smoothly, with a nice "thud" locking sound. Thumbstuds and no flipper.
The linerlock engages OK but I prefer to see it making full contact with the tang, rather than only at 50%. Still not worth messing with.
A bit small for my hands because of the thinner body. Not too small.
The blade cuts well and looks very sturdy and utilitarian.
Has a nice solid feel to it.

The Citius has G10 and 9Cr steel.
Ball bearings, feels slightly gritty but opens OK.
Opens with a flipper. I can not use the opening in the blade for OHO.
The linerlock engages a bit better than on the Penguin.
Reminds me of a Laguiole knife.
Feels too thin for my hands, though it is still very usable.
Nice pointy blade that looks easy to break the point off :) .
Feels solid enough.

Back