Photos First Look: Victorinox White Christmas Explorer

48 days left till Christmas!
So, it´s time to get going and buy Christmas presents!

This early?
Well, if you have a little aversion against maniac housewifes with dozens of shopping bags, you better go early. Ever got tackled by a female last minute shopper?
Those suburban creatures are vicious, let me tell you!

So, what do we have in the bag this time?

Carl Elsener junior´s favourite SAK is the Victorinox Explorer, he said so himself in various interviews.
By the way, if you want to see ethics and responsibility in the flesh, have a look at Mr. Elseners vita.

VhxrCgs.jpg

YibLIbn.jpg

cIY7Mvv.jpg

Right on time for the early Christmas shopper (like me), Victorinox released the „White Christmas Explorer“. Rest assured, there are some Explorers in my collection already, but you know the drill...

cOBiZm0.jpg

Very nice, the scales with refief print.
Guess what?

Snowflakes!!!!
I´m not getting political here, but I had a good laugh ;-)

xJzVAPP.jpg

...just lovely!

The „White Christmas Explorer“ is a limited trun, just 15.000 pieces are made worldwide, so there is some collectors value.
But honestly, that a re considerations, which never interested me. I buy what I like, thats it. Has been this way for ever.

Does this specimen look familiar to anyone?
EwRtlh1.jpg

That´s a Passenger, discontiniued long time ago…
Back to the Explorer, what´s so special about this particular model?

For me it´s the quintessential pockettool with a very though through tool selection:

9debYpf.jpg

Large and small blade, canopener, bottleopener. Including the build-in drivers. The canopener can double as an emergency philippsdriver, but in this case, we have scissors, lupe and a real phillipsdriver already on boead. I never came across a phillips screw, which refused to cooperate with the Victorinox phillips driver :)
Awl and corkscrew on the backside, as well as the multiuse (parcel)hook. Outstanding!

Never underestimate the small things in life. Think of toothpick and tweezers. If you like you can add the clothespin and the mini scredriver. Better have it and don´t need it...than the other way around.

fDbtns4.jpg

zcV0seb.jpg

K6W934g.jpg

The scales in their full beauty:
IfxdU30.jpg

Oh Vicrotinox-tree, oh Victorinox-tree…
oUS6QWT.jpg

For those of you, who share my humor:
csMeokX.jpg

Merry Christmas Blader´s!

Seriously:
Merry Christmas, to each and everyone of you… even if a few days early :)

Back