[FIRST LOOK] ZT 0566 (or, so you wanted a smaller 0560?)

Definitely something more practical than the 0560. Glad they are finally listening.

Listening? To whom about what?

I pretty much gave up and never come to this forum because ZT was all about being a large tough guy knife and could not make something smaller. In the end, the market will always have the last word. Have to see how successful this will be for them though. Already have mine reserved! Thank you!

It's still a Hinderer design with Elmax, add Speedsafe and trade out the Ti for Stainless. Physical dimensions, yes it is a little smaller, but it is also heavier.

Cut that down to sub 4oz and they could really break into a much wider EDC market.

OK, now I'm really confused. You're happy because ZT is "listening" by creating a knife for the non-tough guy image that is: A Hinderer design, Speedsafe, and a steel frame lock. Now you want it under 4 ounces? Please allow me to suggest carrying around fewer candy bars, skipping a Mountain Dew or two a day and you'll never notice that extra 1.3 ounces in your pocket.

Definitely something more practical than the 0560. Glad they are finally listening. I pretty much gave up and never come to this forum because ZT was all about being a large tough guy knife and could not make something smaller. In the end, the market will always have the last word. Have to see how successful this will be for them though. Already have mine reserved! Thank you!

Definitely something smaller before the 0566, no? That being said, I have a pre-order for one and will appreciate the size/weight ratio, but that's how I roll and that will be the last word for my market. If I'm anything close to their target demographic, they've reached me.

Where did this 4 ounce number come from? If someone is so concerned about how much a pocket knife weighs, then how about their shoes, socks, trousers, belt, boxers, etc. Get real, take a few quarters, a couple keys, and some lint out of your pockets if you're so worried about weight. Sheesh!

This 4oz this is starting to sound like something being regurgitated from some goofball.

Sorry guys, didn't mean to offend anyone. Sold my 0350 recently and have been wanting something to take its place. I think this will be a great one. I like that assist was added as well.

No kidding. After my wallet, over-sized cell phone, M&P9 & sometimes a spare mag... 1.3 ounces added to a knife just kills it for me.

When are you going to make a feather weight folder ZT!? Come on.

Definitely something smaller before the 0566, no? That being said, I have a pre-order for one and will appreciate the size/weight ratio, but that's how I roll and that will be the last word for my market. If I'm anything close to their target demographic, they've reached me.

Yeah, those are smaller, but none are my style blade shapes. Maybe they will go better with the guy that SPX knows that EDCs Mountain Dew!

Don't know if it was mentioned already, but ZT said on facebook that these should be out early summer. Gotta start training now with those 1.3 oz weights so I can be ready for it.

No kidding. After my wallet, over-sized cell phone, M&P9 & sometimes a spare mag... 1.3 ounces added to a knife just kills it for me.

When are you going to make a feather weight folder ZT!? Come on.

Really? 560 is featherweight IMO.

Don't know if it was mentioned already, but ZT said on facebook that these should be out early summer.

if you squint real hard, april is KIND OF early summer, right? right? right? maybe?

(couple pages back i asked and people thought third quarter, so don't get too ansty for early summer, just in case. i'd love to be wrong, but knife releases are ALWAYS late. custom makers, manufacturers, doesn't matter. always some kind of delay.)

Really? 560 is featherweight IMO.

Agreed. Featherweight for its size at least. Honestly, people I know many of you like nutnfancy but you dont have to live by his set of rules. Yes we know that if a knife is too heavy then a hole gets torn in the space time continuum and the world of nutfnancy (exactly 400 cubic feet. Just enough to fit him and his ego) implodes creating black hole sucking up anything over 4 ounces, but it really isnt the end of the world.

Agreed. Featherweight for its size at least. Honestly, people I know many of you like nutnfancy but you dont have to live by his set of rules. Yes we know that if a knife is too heavy then a hole gets torn in the space time continuum and the world of nutfnancy (exactly 400 cubic feet. Just enough to fit him and his ego) implodes creating black hole sucking up anything over 4 ounces, but it really isnt the end of the world.

Hmmm...strange assumption. Personally I don't follow him, nor to I particularly care for his style or reviews. But as you can see, ZT has made a smaller version. Seems they believe a market exists in this area. So either you believe ZT is outright wrong in downsizing this version, or you watch too much nutnfancy and believe he somehow has control of the world. Glad we avoided the end of the world right here. Was scerd for a second. *LOL* :D

For what it's worth, I don't like advertising that I'm carrying a knife so I never use pocket clips. If I drop a 5 or 6 or 7+ ounce knife in the bottom of my pocket and carry it around, it doesn't take long to realize how important weight is. FYI, the heaviest knife I EDC is a Southard at 4.1 ounces and I only carry that knife on weekends. Here in the office, I EDC knives that weigh 3 ounces or less. Am I sad that ZT chose not to construct the 0566 out of Titanium? You bet I am.

Last edited:
Back