First Look - ZT 0777

It's feels like it wasn't that long ago. She wasn't even camera shy :D
8e00a3d4.jpg

That is a real beauty. Amazing looking knife. I know I could not afford one. Maybe make the ZT model, then do a Kershaw model that is cheaper? Maybe I could afford it then. Maybe.

Keep up the great work. Kershaw just keeps getting better and better. And I love them more and more with every knife release. Thanks Thomas for the pictures. She is a real beauty. You the MAN!!!

Double Ditto on that statement ........ that would make me up my order.

It may have been said before, but I"m not sure just how much Vanax 75 is left. I heard from someone in the industry a while back that they weren't going to be making it anymore. I could be wrong......let's hope!

Seems awfully cruel to harass them to change the steel again now that they've settled on M390. Besides which, I suspect someone is doing some voodoo doll mutilation on Thomas for making them grind that steel:D.

Seems awfully cruel to harass them to change the steel again now that they've settled on M390. Besides which, I suspect someone is doing some voodoo doll mutilation on Thomas for making them grind that steel:D.

Guess you haven't kept up on the thread. Bad news onthe M390

Thomas W
Thomas W is offline Moderator

Ok, we scrapped the M390 steel. Had issues with the finish through the etch process. We're looking at N360 or Vanax 35 now. Will keep you posted.

Go with whatever works. As long as the HT is good most people won't really mind in the end. All of the three are good choices.

Did Kershaw/KAI ever sue Microtech for their copy of this?

I can't wait until they are made and ready to ship.

I'm wondering if making this knife is a bad move, it could be so good you wouldn't even need another knife, how could they even make anything better?

It may have been said before, but I"m not sure just how much Vanax 75 is left. I heard from someone in the industry a while back that they weren't going to be making it anymore. I could be wrong......let's hope!
Maybe Carpenter could come up with an alternative? ;)

Glad to hear the work is going forward - I'll take it however it comes out.

It will be interesting to see if this knife can push my Tilt out of my pocket - it will have to be all that and more!

I am excited to see this one in person!

best

mqqn

Did Kershaw/KAI ever sue Microtech for their copy of this?

I can't wait until they are made and ready to ship.

I'm wondering if making this knife is a bad move, it could be so good you wouldn't even need another knife, how could they even make anything better?

I was wondering about that as well... I actually put off buying a MT Kestrel because if this. Can someone tell me if they did have permission to use this design? (I know... Doubtful)

I like many of their knives but I despise shady business practices. So, if that is true, my money will always go elsewhere.

Thomas stated in another thread MT somehow got a hold of a prototype 0777 and produced the Matrix. I'm sure they're not going to speak of there legal actions on a public forum. / end of story

Back