(first post) Dish-soap for shaving?

im not responible if you try this and hate it, and or it makes your skin drier than a salt flat.

Anyone else here use Dish-Soap to shave with? I use a cheaper end butterfly razor with Gillette Wilkinson Sword Platinum blades for my face and a Harry's Cartrige razor for my body (in the process of switching to elpilation but it hurts like a seat buckle in summer), and one day i was out of shave gel and I had an idea to use dish soap and I havent looked back since! it makes the entire process better for me. i use aloe dish-soap i buy from a local surplus store for ¢94 a bottle to avoid drying my skin as much as possible, but i really do notice a lot less ingrown hairs and it makes it wash off easier in between strokes and stays on my skin after a few strokes which is important as i have very very thinck hair, it doesnt get a nice foamy lather, but it seems to work better despite that for me.

I shave my face with bar soap (Zest or Irish Spring). The trick is to wash and rinse 3X before the last application of soap. I do this in the shower. No brush, no mess, no special soap, no mirror. Rinse the razor hand and leave the other soapy to find the stubble.

Back