Fixed Nomad, what do you think?

Hey everyone, I am working on a design to present to Kizer and I am curious what you think.

The knife would be a fixed blade version of the Nomad. My thoughts are for the same design on the handle. The handle would be G-10. Should the G-10 be multi color? What colors? Should it just be textured? What about the blade length? I have three blade sizes that I think work, 5", 5.25" or 5.5". Does it need a false edge?

kizernomadfixed.jpg

1. No multi color G10 please, it's usually pretty ugly unfortunately (unless it's highly textured and milled like Busse does). Micarta would be cool too. I think black or green G10 would be fine.

2. Any of those blade sizes would be fine.

3. I don't really see how a false edge can be incorporated into a trailing edge design. Looks fine without one to me.

Outside of this, I would recommend a finish besides Kizer's satin. Still not a fan of how they do it, it's too high polished of a satin finish and the grind lines are not always very uniform.

I have to agree with misanthropia on no multicolored g10. A false edge on a trailing point would seem a bit odd, but it might work for some people. The blade lengths all would work, maybe having it as a 5 inch blade would help allow people in states or counties with knife laws concerning blades over 5 inches to have a fixed blade.

No multi color? OK.

Here is a line drawing with a false edge.

kizernomaddouble.jpg

A double-edged version would be good, but I don't see any purpose to a false edge on this.

What steel were you thinking of?

5 inch version without a false edge, in my opinion.

And this is a little out there, but I think blue g10 and a stonewashed finish would look pretty amazing.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

It looks like single edge is the way to go. Also looking like 5" blade is the way to go as well. Great information!

Please, keep the input coming!

Thanks!

i agree that it look better without the false edge. as far as g10 goes i think it would look crazy if it was black with red accents.

I did not want to comment on this, because then there might be another knife I'll want ;)
But like what you are doing with this. Single, 5" sounds great. Solid color handle with enough texture so it is not slippery. I prefer micarta to G10, but either not slick-polished. Dark grey? Dark brown?
Stonewash blade finish. What steel - I did not see a mention of that?

Back