Fletcher Knives LLC has a new employee and apprentice...

Fletcher Knives

STEEL BREATHING BLADE MAESTRO
A new friend of mine, Damon Lusky, who has as of recent been apprenticing under me, has now stepped up to be a Fletcher Knives LLC employee. Damon will work with me and in turn, learn the trade as best as I can teach it and use it as he chooses. I have held off on taking on an apprentice, despite the wishes of several people. Also, I have never extended the offer of someone helping me do my work on a regular basis. I'm very particular about how everything is done and I hold a very high standard for the work. It was always very important to me that I find someone with what I think is just the right background, the right imagination, creative spark, and ethic. There's a level of natural talent for the trade that I feel an apprentice should possess in order to really take advantage of the teaching. Damon has it and I believe that I'm investing my knowledge in someone that I truely believe can take full advantage of it. I have very high hopes for him and faith that he can do very well. I think that knifemaking is not one of those lives that an individual chooses, but a life that chooses them. Call it fate or what have you, but I believe it is what happened to me, and I think that knifemaking chose Damon.

You can also imagine what else this means. Production is going to go through the roof. Get ready.

Back