Florinox Kiana - Opinel No.8 overview comparison

for the sensitive ones, feel free to write your own reviews.

They feel similar in weight. The Florinox does not feel as light as it looks.

The handles are comfortable and feel secure in the hand for both, but they both feel a bit small for me. I prefer the No9 for Opinels and the Florinox could do with a thicker/wider handle. The Opinel's round body makes it suitable for various grips.

They are both sharp out of the box (paper box for the Florinox, none for this Opinel) but the blade of the Opinel is thinner.

The plastic handled Kiana shuld handle water better than the Opinel, but you can also buy Opinels with plastic, if you are worried about that.

If you want to stay with a French low cost knife it is worth giving a shot to the Kiana.

Last edited:
Oh god, my eyes!!! 🤮 I cant get past how ugly that pink thing is, especially compared to the gorgeous Opinel. Sorry.

Would you provide a few more details? Looks like a back lock, how secure does it feel? Liners? Does the handle have any undue flex? Interesting, but they don’t seem available stateside anywhere.

It's a solid pocket knife. No liners as the handle material is sturdy enough. The back lock feels secure.

(he broke it on purpose trying to disassemble, which is not supposed to be done)

Back