Folding saw for bone?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a folding saw that has teeth geared specifically for cutting bone? It doesn't have to be very long; I've been using the saw on my Swiss Army Knife, and that's more than enough length. It just needs different or more aggressive teeth. I think most folding saws meant for wood would be too aggressive for this purpose, but I admittedly haven't tried very many options.

You can get a folding scalpel holder. There are gut hooks and small saws designed for bone cutting that are made to fit in a scalpel holder. These are about the same size as a small swiss army knife saw. They are often used by hunters.

Gerber makes an Exchange-A-Blade Sport Saw that comes with a wood and a bone blade.

Silky do different teeth. I don't know if they do a specifically bone one. But they do have different grades of teethyness.

The 130 is their smallest.

Last edited:

I have one of those and like it

I use an outdoor edge 4.5” flip N zip folding saw. Has an orange handle and zips right thru pelvic bone and breastplate on deer. It’s only like $22 as well.

Last edited:
Back