Food and Blades

Just started chili for dinner
rfIVVTF.jpg
ZsYDImZ.jpg
r7bEAvR.jpg
You chopped all those veggies with the Benchmade?!

squirrel tacos sounds awesome - i may have to try it, although I've been trying to put venison in the freezer.

@SoCalEDC you are looney if you eat those.
all i really know, is that the jalapenos we grow are twice as potent as anything I've ever purchased, and if those do the same thing, they are only fit for personal defense
There is a big Caribbean community in my area and there are always Scotch Bonnet chillis on sale locally. I use one when I make rice & peas [really beans] Jamaican style. But... you don’t chop it up - just stick it in whole as the rice cooks. Although the Scotch Bonnet isn’t as strong as the new super hot strains, it used to have the highest Scoville rating. Funny thing is it just gives the rice a slightly sweet flavour, not hot at all. I once ate one however, and it was an experiment I will never repeat. ;)

By popular request, here's some shots of the squirrel tacos.

I skipped the onions this time. Here, I'm warming up the meat:

Simmering it down. You can see a heart at 5:00. They're especially good.

Chopping the toppings with a nice sharp Henckels santoku knife:

I then added some cheese and Louisiana Hot Sauce:

The finished product. I don't really like these fragile corn street taco shells, but since my 6 year old won't eat them, here they are:

I just had 5 of them and a few glasses of wine, while watching Blue Bloods. It is a nice way to spend a rainy Sunday afternoon.

Gotta say, that doesn't look to bad, but after seeing stories like this, squirrel leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...ead-squirrel-camping-trip-leave-hospital.html

Only animals I've heard of spreading bubonic plague are rats and squirrels.

You chopped all those veggies with the Benchmade?!
Ya but not as much as it look like 3 half onions red, yellow, white. 6 large carrots 16ounce cherry tomatoes 2 bell peppers 2 garlic cloves and beans. Makes about gallon of chili. I only own 1 decent kitchen knife and it's dangerously dull right now so in just been scraping by with pocket knives for the moment. Not the best tool for the job I know but I enjoy cutting so doesn't matter to me.

I used the Delica to chop lettuce at lunch today. To put on the rest of the .

One trick for you all when using a pocket knife for food prep: bring the cutting board to the edge of the counter, to get clearance for your knuckles.

Nice , I like to do gentle drag through slices when working with such short blades.

Back