For Sale: "Firecracker" opposed integral fighter, multibar 'mascus. SOLD.

Here’s a smaller fighter with several firsts for me. First time welding this pattern, first damascus opposed integral, first multibar blade.
The steels are 15n20 and CruForgeV, w’ed up and twisted, then stacked in four bars of opposing twists and ground into for an explosion pattern. Or rather, “firecracker pattern” as it reminds me of many small bangs, like a string of firecrackers going off.

The handle pieces are shaped of stabilized box elder burl. I am very much currently learning to fit knives like this in damascus- got a little glue line here and there. Nothing major, but I like full disclosure with knives that I post.

Overall it’s light and thin, and the pattern pops out nicely. The edge is fairly thin, yet the lower 1/3 of the blade width is convexed down from the main flats of the grind.

Specs:
10-3/8” Oal
5-1/2 blade, tip to heel
1-1/8” max blade width
.155” thick spine, ricasso
5-1/4 oz. weight

Asking price is $800 shipped insured to the US. KNIFE IS NOW SOLD. Inquire for worldwide shipping rates.
I am not providing a sheath with this one, but can make a tooled pouch sheath at added cost should one be requested.

DSC03546.JPG

DSC03548.JPG

DSC03541.JPG

DSC03545.JPG

DSC03563.JPG

DSC03542.JPG

DSC03543.JPG

DSC03544.JPG

DSC03550.JPG

DSC03562.JPG

DSC03552.JPG

DSC03553.JPG

DSC03555.JPG

DSC03557.JPG

DSC03558.JPG

DSC03559.JPG

DSC03560.JPG

DSC03561.JPG

[video=youtube;TqyAKMzU6EM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TqyAKMzU6EM[/video]

I make knives to the best of my ability and knowledge. I research to find the best materials and methods to use, in order to provide the very best product, in terms of value, durability, performance, and aesthetics. Should you find a knife you have bought from me to be lacking in any of these respects, you may ship it back to me at my expense for a full money-back return.

Should a knife purchased from me fail in materials or workmanship, please ship it back to me at my own expense for your money back in full, or repairs at no cost. It’s your choice.

I will sharpen any of my knives at no cost; however I do ask that you pay for shipping costs for this service.

I am always pleased to hear from any of my customers, past, repeat, potential, or otherwise. Please go to my web site, see "Contact Me" and give me a call. If you have any questions regarding these policies, I'd like to hear them.

Salem Straub

Last edited:
Back