Photos Forged in Fire announcement

Only 2 more days - I'll have to watch it while it's being aired rather than record and wait until next day. Their 4 minute commercials are more than I can handle :(
It’s so close, I can’t wait to see what funny moments made the cut.

I hope however you did it works out for you and gives you some good visibility. I always hate it when the contest makes a good smith look bad. That's not how knives should be made. I wish they would bring out how hard they are pushing the guys. I think it would make the show better if they showed what a guy normally makes and what it will do and then say something about seeing what will happen when they make him build something with crazy restrictions under a huge time crunch. It definitely looks like fun though.

I hope however you did it works out for you and gives you some good visibility. I always hate it when the contest makes a good smith look bad. That's not how knives should be made. I wish they would bring out how hard they are pushing the guys. I think it would make the show better if they showed what a guy normally makes and what it will do and then say something about seeing what will happen when they make him build something with crazy restrictions under a huge time crunch. It definitely looks like fun though.
It was definitely fun, and the challenges are definitely no joke, even episodes with simple challenges it’s easy to sit back and say oh they should do this or that but actually getting to experience the pressure and being in a unfamiliar shop makes a huge difference, you wouldn’t believe how frustrating even something like finding a screw driver can be if you needed one. You tend to not think about all of the little tools you use all the time until if you have to hunt for them in a unfamiliar shop. I fumbled with a few things that in my shop at home never give me trouble and I do everyday but the stress can get to you even with the simplest tasks, slow is smooth and smooth is fast, but it is easy to get in a hurry when you look up at the clock. I think alot of people realize the challenges are difficult and not a representation of a smiths normal work. Especially since the show has been on for a while now.

Congrats Josh - I was impressed the way you cut the roll of paper towels - SHARP knife. I'm where you won the first level and are heading for the final competition with just the two of ya'll. I've figured from above congrats you won the $10K, but I'll be watching rest now.

I do think your blade from first group was head 'n shoulders better than the other two in craftsmanship.

Thank you Stacy and everyone else. This was such a great opportunity and a lot of hand work haha, day 1 was nothing but swinging a 8lb sledge. I am very excited to have been able to share this moment with everyone.

Congratulations! Well fought! Well deserved!
You pretty much had my vote when you showed the apparently uncommon sense to set up a straightening jig.

WOOOOO!

Just caught the rerun cause I had a meeting earlier but MAN! That was a great show and a big congratulations to Josh for a well deserved win!

So proud to own a knife by a Forged in Fire Champion! :thumbsup: :thumbsup::D

I need a new Gaucho knife so whenever you have time...

Back