"Forged in Fire"

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was entertaining the first few times I watched, but then after that it gets repetitive as hell. Every show is the same, make a custom knife real fast and then make a sword. LOL
Well it is a sort of game show... That's the game, pass each round and win ten grand

It was entertaining the first few times I watched, but then after that it gets repetitive as hell. Every show is the same, make a custom knife real fast and then make a sword. LOL
I probably agree with this the most from the cons above if what we are critiquing is the TV show. I used to catch every episode but now I just watch here and there from time to time.

lieferung lieferung They say so themselves during the show, "Hey, this is the Olympics of knife making." In other words, you spend your whole life honing your craft but now you have mere minutes as the clock counts down to show the world what you can do. Just so you know, they do temper the blades during the first round off camera (this was one of my gripes early on, thinking they didn't temper).

If the show was hokey or somehow a discredit to the knife making world, then those legit judges wouldn't be there offering their time and advice.

As I've said in these FIF threads before (there's a bunch of em), it's a pretty classy show compared to most, and it's about forging knives!:cool:

I have not watched it as I do not have cable and watch little TV. I stopped by forum member Mark Knapp's shop recently and it seems the film crew been there recently. I am sure he did well.

I thought it was kinda cool. My wife (who cares nothing about the knives that I do) thought it was interesting as well. Kind of like the cooking contest shows that are so prevalent.

I've met and spoken with the guy behind the show, David Baker. He's a good guy and a blade maker himself. He definitely understands the negatives of the show, but he says most of them are due to the shortcomings of "television show production limitations".

He (David) has designed several of the replica blades sold by Cold Steel, as well as the swords used in multiple movies.

It was kind of fun to watch Ray Kirk. He didn't do well the first time, but was a finalist the second time. He didn't win, but did very well.

Now%20Cup.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back