Forum's blue G10 Native [c41}

Vince,
Sounds like the die is cast. I'm really looking forward to the knife. It is a credit to you and to Spyderco that you bothered to ask. Thanks, Chris

Sal, I can create another survey, no problem, but it seems like the overwhelming choice is for textured grips.

Boy, this is making me pretty anxious now! I can't wait to see these!

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

Man, it doesn't take much to get us excited does it !
wink.gif
I'm thinking I may need two also, one to keep and one for using.
Thanks Vince, we're ready when you are !

Well folks it looks like we are darn near ready to go ahead with the project. All I need now is the final info from Spyderco on how to proceed from here. So Vin or Sal please email me the particulars so we can get the order in house. I would love to have these in time for the Blade show as well.

mike@bladeforums.com

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
www.wowinc.com

Wow,

I got e-mailed a little while ago and secured one because of the Blade Forums logo. What a bonus this knife will be.
Thanks all.
Nick

Vinceman.. The military scales are perfect!!I like them alot
biggrin.gif
I like the texture on both sides, keeps the knife real secure in the pocket and hand!I had a smooth g-10 handled blade (won't mention the name)too slippery for me. I like the 70/30 serrations too. Blue g-10, blue clip; This will be a history making blade!! CAN'T WAIT... Thanks

Hi all:

Better late than never (I hate having infrequent Net access -- so much to catch up on in here!)

I'll have to vote for textured; the blue G-10 and blue clip will make it stand out enough for me.

Thanks for asking, and I can't wait to get my hands on this knife!

Ted

Hi Vince/Sal,
the blue, textured handle, 70/30 serrated option is the one for me (I've always been a HUGE Spyderedge fan!)

I only have one problem: I have just heard that I will have to attend field trials (work-related issues) for the next 12 weeks... Hopefully I will be able to find an Internet-connection somewhere, so that I can keep up to date on the BladeForums Native development. What's the latest time-scale that you can safely convey to us forumites, or is it still too soon to say? (I JUST CAN'T MISS OUT ON THIS ONE!!!! I'LL CUT MY WRISTS WITH MY CUSTOMISED ENDURA IF THIS EVER HAPPENS!)

BTW, I have just returned from a visit to Ramrod Manufacturing (local SA distributor) this morning to have a look at the whole Spyderco product range - it just keeps being amazing, however much you've seen it! I especially like the framed Spyderco showpieces that they have - an artful display of the most versatile and practical knives in existence...

Kind regards,
Heyns van der Merwe
South Africa
heynsv@liw.denel.co.za

How about it Chief Engineer? When can we expect to put our grubby paws on the c41 in blue??? Thanks! Fish

Mike, I agree about having it before the Blade show. That would be great!

A subtle way to ID forumites at the show by looking for that blue folder clipped inside their pocket!

Frank

Here is the latest word from the Chief Engineer, who "claims" to be on vacation..

G-10 is on order....he is shooting for delivery by BladeShow, but no promises...
(loves the idea of identifying each other by
the knife!)

Danelle
custsvc@spyderco.com

------------------
Sometimes you don't realize how much you have,
until you see that someone else wants it...

I would vote for handles textured as on the Delica 98 and Endura 98. I also voted for a plain edge.

------------------
Walk in the Light,
Hugh

If the deadline's close, bring'em to the show and those of us who can, can pick'em up there.

(Now there's a way to make everybody who can't make it REEEAALLLYY eat their hearts out!)

Frank
(please don't throw anything sharp!)

I've got an idea but unfortunately not the skills to see it to fruition. So why don't one of you graphic savvy forumites come up with a rendition of the BF '99 knife? First one done gets bragging rights! Mike K.

[This message has been edited by Hammer (edited 10 March 1999).]

Ack! I must have been the lone voice for a smooth G10 in the previous thread. Sorry if I sounded like I was speaking for the entire gang!

Before you jump on my case, my comparison was the Kershaw/Onion knife with polished G10 and I have an Emerson knife with polished G10. In both cases they look just like carbon fiber and look much, much more rich than the textured "working" G10. A polished blue would be super sexy, in that knife sort of way. :)

For regular working knives (Military, etc) I think the textured is appropriate, but for a one-of-a-kind forum knife that I was going to not necessarily use as the daily box-ripper/loaner knife I thought the very beautiful polished look was in order.

Regardless, I'll fall with the masses. I had intially ordered two of them with the disclaimer that it be an order for two if polished, one if textured. :)

--Doug

Back