Found this to be a little interesting...

Looks like it was FMA or Silat inspired. I`ve never seen anyone cuffed with thier hands in FRONT of them except in the movies (The good guy has to have a chance to escape after all....)But it also reminded me of a Northen Shaolin form called "Wu Song Breaks Manacles". Wu Song was a character in the novel Heroes of the Marsh and escapeshiscaptors mostly with elbows and kicks. In the 1st half of the formthe hands are held crossed at the wrist as if you were tied up.

Definitely FMA inspired, the elbow destructions when he's on defense are pretty characteristic of FMA, but on offense he puts a lot of shoulder into his elbow strikes which reminds me more of Muay Thai. I'd put my money on him having trained, briefly, under the banner of 'JKD Concepts'.

Edit: emphasis on 'briefly'

Anthropological parallelism (thataword?!??). But the old school maestros moved, for lack a of a better description, with a whole lot more "flow" and "cuentada".

seems pretty "hail mary " like...is there anymore info on this practice?...i've checked out some of the clips but most of the movements are the same and are done mostly retreating.

seems similar to FMA, but i only see two elbow moves that are characteristic of FMA.

i've had inmates and parolees show me similar stuff. the elbow blocking seems to be a 'theme' in ghetto fighting. i asked the guy (42 y.o., 11 total years in prison, not including local sentences) why he blocked with his elbows, reply: "so i don't get knocked the F**K out". i was doing a home visit on the guy and he was out back working out and sparring with his brother.

to kind of append to what Metis was saying, 52 blocks IS a prison fighting system, it is learned in federal penitentiaries and some state, and more than likely elsewhere. I've had conversation of this "art" but am very surprised to see it come out on youtube

The guy moved nice and smooth. I kept catching glimpses of crazy monkey, but obviously that was shattered by the crazier elbow movements, not to mention that I think CM works best as a way to get inside (as opposed to backing up)... Still, nice display

I just dont understand how the attacker would use the cuffs as means to control the guys arms.:rolleyes:

It only works when sparring with a partner who is willing to play by certain rules. An aggressor with intent to harm could easily use the cuffs to his advantage.

I have studied a similar method as a HANDYCAP method of leopard gung fu this clp is useles wthout knees and legs for distance work

Back