Free Books (In Sets)

Hello All,

Just had a chance to plug the computer in for about an hour before it's moved (again) to another room. Hopefully the re-flooring of my house will be completed early next week and I'll be able to get my office set up again. Living in a different room every night with piles of clothing and furniture is really getting old.

Now, to the subject at hand. While moving boxes from place to place I discovered a bunch of book sets that I've accumulated. They're all in paperback version and I need to find them good homes. Here's what I've sorted out so far:

J.R.R. Tolkien - The Lord Of The Rings
The Lord Of The Rings series going out to John
smile.gif

Jeff & Michael Shaara - The Killer Angels
Going out to Pat
smile.gif

Steven saylor - Mysteries Of Ancient Rome
Going to Rob when he sends his address
smile.gif

I'll let them go in sets only. If you want a specific set, just send me an e-mail with your shipping address. The books are free and I'll pay shipping. It won't cost you a dime. Some were rescued from thrift stores and others were purchased retail. All are in excellent shape but may have some markings on the covers. If you folks don't want them I'll post them over on the Community Forum.

Gotta go and move a pile of stuff. I think we're sleeping in the kitchen tonight.

------------------
Blackdog
ffca0608.gif.orig.gif

[This message has been edited by Blackdog (edited 09-22-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Blackdog (edited 10-04-2000).]

Blackdog, it's good to see you back on the forum. And thanks for the book offer. John was a little quicker on the draw for the Tolkien series, so I'm optimistic that he'll enjoy them @ least a little bit more. The main thing is that you're able to be back. Hope you & the house will be 100% soon.

Lt. Dan,

Good to be back. My home PC will be back on line in a few days (I hope) when the flooring is done. Once in a blue moon I get a chance to get on line at work (like now) so I'm not totally out of the loop.

I may have some more books that may interest you. Ever heard of Mary Stewart? She wrote a trilogy about Merlin The Magician. I have the first two of the series, The Crystal Cave and The Hollow Hills. They're EXCELLENT books. I'll be happy to send them to you if you're interested. These are in hard back, so I'd like them back when you're done with them (no hurry). Let me know.

Time to get back to the grind. I pull some very long shifts but sit on my keester all night so it's not that bad
smile.gif

Best Regards,

------------------
Blackdog
ffca0608.gif.orig.gif

Blackdog,
Glad you have computer access at work and haven't been cut off a la cold turkey. Thanks very much for the second book offer. I wish I had time to read all the well-written stuff out there, but work seems to get in the way. The shelf has lots of H. A. Ironside, C. S. Elliott, and F. E. Peretti ready to impart wisdom and understanding. Now the latest issue of Small Caliber News just arrived...you know how it is. The Tolkein is more good stuff that I hope to work in someday. So, I'll have to decline your gracious offer yet again.
Be well,
Dan

To John, Pat & Rob,

Sorry I haven't shipped your books yet guys. I've been out of commission for a while and will try my best to get them in the mail by Monday at the latest.

Rob - Send me your shipping address. I never got an e-mail with your addy.

Thanks for your patience.

Al

------------------
Blackdog
ffca0608.gif.orig.gif

[This message has been edited by Blackdog (edited 10-04-2000).]

Back