Frenzy...I didn't know I was getting another monster

photoman12001

Gold Member
I spotted well-priced Frenzy on the Exchange and decided to snag it. I didn't know anything about it but I just liked the design. Since I had just done a quick search for prices and no specs, I had no idea how big this thing is. I don't know why, but given the shape and proportions I just expected it to be a smaller pocket knife. I was very wrong. It goes well with my large Espada. Both are pretty neat though I can't imagine I'd ever use them. I just don't often find myself in need of a folder with a full two-hand grip. They are cool ones for the collection though.

They both dwarf that Buck 110, which is not an especially small knife itself.

_DSC4634%20Edit%20Layers%201024%20Pixel%208_zpseyqpzudd.jpg

The Espada is a great looking knife though, and well built.

_DSC4636%20Edit%20Layers%201024%20Pixel%208_zpshllbmtuz.jpg

Lol wow that's crazy! I had no idea they were that big either until seeing this picture! :eek: Haha can you imagine a person asking if someone had a knife to cut something and you pull this monster out of your pocket lol :p:D

It really is a beautiful knife though, I love the blade. I carry a BM Bedlam auto as my edc sometimes so appreciate the design!

I've got a couple of Bedlams too. I thought that was a big knife until I picked up the large Espada...
And that is only the mid-sized Espada. I'd like to get my hands on an XL to check it out.

I'll try to snap a photo of the Espada and Bedlam next to each other later.

:)Luv my CS "monsters" ! The Frenzy is one of the few newest CS that appeals to me for that very reason :D. Other makers just don't generally produce these bigguns !:(

They are neat knives. It's nice that they are oversized but still a quality knife. I had a Frost Cutlery (I know, gross) giant stockman "pocket" knife when I was a teenager. I loved the novelty of it but even as a kid I knew it was low quality.

The Frenzy is a cool design but I can't get over the slightly hawkbilled blade. Should be a true wharncliffe.

When these were first being discussed there was talk of them being a larger utility type knife.

Nope - with the hawkbill aspect, the sheer size and the ergos lending themselves to a real aggressive blade - there hasn't been a bunch of fine detail cutting work going on.

I do like mine though. Bring on a 4" version.

It's supposed to be a martial knife based on the "helmet splitter " . I like a bird's beak for utility but this isn't really .

I ran across this video with Lynn Thompson talking about the Frenzy. I couldn't watch past that knife though. He seemed drunk or something. The mention of Steven Seagal and the "stabby" look of the Frenzy didn't help.

I ran across this video with Lynn Thompson talking about the Frenzy. I couldn't watch past that knife though. He seemed drunk or something. The mention of Steven Seagal and the "stabby" look of the Frenzy didn't help.

Yeah, That's pretty much the real LT I know and luv !:rolleyes:

How does he seem drunk? Just looks like a guy sitting in front of a camera giving off the cuff descriptions of his knives.

oxman198 said:
How does he seem drunk? Just looks like a guy sitting in front of a camera giving off the cuff descriptions of his knives.

That was my impression as well. Also I wouldn't come onto a company's board and insult the owner/founder.

I wasn't my intention to insult him but re-reading the comment I can see where it was more biting than I intended. Maybe it was me who had too much to drink. That's probably just his style. I'd never seen him in a video.

Wow now I need that knife. Looks just like the type of fighting knife I prefer. I still have to get an XL Espada though too. Honestly though I can't believe the released the Frenzy without the thumbplate. What were they thinking.

Wow now I need that knife. Looks just like the type of fighting knife I prefer. I still have to get an XL Espada though too. Honestly though I can't believe the released the Frenzy without the thumbplate. What were they thinking.

I like the plate on my Espada and AK-47 but I'm not sure that I'd like it on the Frenzy. The blade has a thin profile (spine to edge) and it seems like they would have to significantly change the design to accommodate a plate but maybe I'm wrong. A "wave" functionality would be nice though.

Some people have said they don't like the curved blade but it seems like that's what you would want on a knife like this to give more bite in a slashing motion (like a karambit though obviously less exaggerated).

Wharncliffes seem to slash better with a sort of tip slashing motion rather than a belly slash. In terms of wharncliffes' slashing action they are supposedly one of the best for making deep penetrating slashes. Alan Eleshwitz was demonstrating with this Hogue Ex-04 wharncliffe how a thrust with certain wharncliffes causes the tip of the knife to be pushed down and cut on the thrust due to the ramplike nature of the spine.

I agree, I wish all the xl's has thumbplates actually. The voyagers are fine without it bc they are so blade heavy they can be drawn and flung out pretty quickly. The frenzy would be wicked with the plate but I guess it would take away from the sleekness a bit.

Back