Frog Market Special?

Has anyone here had real life experience using the Topps Frog Market Special in the kitchen? Good/Bad/Ugly?

Maybe try posting this in the general area..... Include camp use, and cooking.
I'm sure you will get responses.
There are 2 sizes.
The small one looks promising, I've been curious too..... Good question.

It has been on my drool list because it would be easy grab-and-go option for open fire and camp cooking sessions. I find the coating a little disgusting though for cooking knife. I had tops knife with same or similar coating and it started to flake with acids.

I think it’s also more of a carver (meat) knife than universal kitchen knife.

Would be fun to test though.

It has been on my drool list because it would be easy grab-and-go option for open fire and camp cooking sessions. I find the coating a little disgusting though for cooking knife. I had tops knife with same or similar coating and it started to flake with acids.

I think it’s also more of a carver (meat) knife than universal kitchen knife.

Would be fun to test though.
Tops just replaced the original blade coating with a new material that is supposed to be more durable. Other than that, I don't know much about the improved version.

I have the original and the xl. Thinned edges on both, I’m happy. The point of the fms is great for cauliflower/broccoli. I did modify the blade in front of the scales to be more friendly to my fat fingers. They do excellent with meat, per the original design.

Back