Fruits of our labor!!

Thought I'd share the fruits of one successful outing during deer season :)

Trim all "Silver Skin" from the venison. From what I have read with venison, if its white, toss it. If its read EAT IT :)

Take butterflied tenderloin and marinade in Italian dressing for 6 or 8 hrs. I added garlic, pepper and salt to my marinade mixture. Not alot of salt due to wrapping with Bacon for grilling.

Wrap in bacon and gril on high heat till searing outside as good as possible. I could have gone a tad more well done with these but basically once firm but not mostly resistant to touch I pulled them off grill. What id call Medium and in some places maybe a medium rare.

Couple fillet Mignon steaks also :)
db83429e.jpg

2bd638ee.jpg

gotta have extras while the grill is hot!!

3083e244.jpg

Bacon never stays on :)
35e0af5f.jpg

Done!!
cca1d794.jpg

Oh yeah, now thats what I'm talkin' about! man that is one appetizing recipe. game always taste better because your sweat getting it seasons it like nothing other. Great pics.

dang looks good man.. tastes better since you killed and cleaned it yourself doesnt it? lol

try taking those "medalions" and pound them flat with a meat hammer. cut some thin slices of any kind of peppers and thick cheese of choice and wrap it in the flattened meat and round the meat with bacon, skewer and grill at a quick high heat (enough just to cook the bacon).. fine vittles!

Back