• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

FS: Vintage Benchmade 9000 AFO (first generation) automatic

Hi, guys.

I’m selling a few knives to fund the purchase of a custom folder from Bob Dozier.

Here's a hard-to-find model for auto knife nerds. It’s a first-generation Benchmade AFO model 9000 SBT (black-Ti coating and partial serrations). New in box. Never carried, used, sharpened, or disassembled. Just opened and closed a couple of times.

The 9000 was pretty different than later AFO models: no safety; no pocket clip; original “Bali-Song” logo. From what I understand, the release button on these is a little lower and stiffer than later models.

There are two very fine scuffs in the coating (one on each side) where the blade ever so slightly contacts the handle. The knife has only been opened a handful of times in the 20 years I’ve owned it, so I really don’t know how that happened. I tried to show them as clearly as I could in the pics.

You can see how little it was used in this pic. Essentially zero wear:

Good blade centering:

Comes with the original belt pouch, but a late-'90s gray box (can't find the original blue box):

I bought it from a Benchmade dealer brand new in the mid-1990s. I wasn’t aware of knife laws back then; when I got it home I learned it wasn’t legal for me to carry. So, it’s been sitting in a drawer ever since.

Asking just $175 shipped (CONUS) and PayPal'ed for quick sale.

Thanks for your time!

One-time price-drop to $155. Need to recover some money after blowing a wad on my new Dozier custom!

Best of luck, I had never received a reply for the seller....

Hi, guys.

Im selling a few knives to fund the purchase of a custom folder from Bob Dozier.

Here's a hard-to-find model for auto knife nerds. Its a first-generation Benchmade AFO model 9000 SBT (black-Ti coating and partial serrations). New in box. Never carried, used, sharpened, or disassembled. Just opened and closed a couple of times.

The 9000 was pretty different than later AFO models: no safety; no pocket clip; original Bali-Song logo. From what I understand, the release button on these is a little lower and stiffer than later models.

There are two very fine scuffs in the coating (one on each side) where the blade ever so slightly contacts the handle. The knife has only been opened a handful of times in the 20 years Ive owned it, so I really dont know how that happened. I tried to show them as clearly as I could in the pics.

You can see how little it was used in this pic. Essentially zero wear:

Good blade centering:

Comes with the original belt pouch, but a late-'90s gray box (can't find the original blue box):

I bought it from a Benchmade dealer brand new in the mid-1990s. I wasnt aware of knife laws back then; when I got it home I learned it wasnt legal for me to carry. So, its been sitting in a drawer ever since.

Asking just $175 shipped (CONUS) and PayPal'ed for quick sale.

Thanks for your time!
Ah - I have a similar but prototype one. Has a purple aluminum handle. Yeah the older ones have no safety and the button is stiffer than the others. The blade is ATS34, but isn't marked.

Back