Fugitive PassAround - Reviews Are In!

Looks like a great piece JT. will be anxious to see it.

I'd love to put it through its paces up here in the frozen tundra....or not so frozen, depending on how long it takes.

That's the one. You can pound on it some more, if you like!

well, if you twist my arm hard like that, how can I say "no"? :D
if you put me on the list either right before or right after psyop -- we only live about 80 miles apart.

well, if you twist my arm hard like that, how can I say "no"? :D
if you put me on the list either right before or right after psyop -- we only live about 80 miles apart.

OK! Better put you right before him... he's threatening to keep it :p

I would love to take her for a spin. Looks like a fun knife to put to work.

Thanks very much for the interest, folks!

The first three testers are lined up... In the next day or few, I'll be in touch with the first cat and we'll decide if it's best for me to send this thing out to him immediately, or wait until after the Christmas rush slows down at the Post Office.

More pics coming soon...

JT, if you put Flatblackcapo on your list, I'll take it for some abuse too. I've got my own plans fo a superduty knife in the works and would like to see some other ieas and if I will hold up to my idea of (serious) abuse.

Btw, I can vouch for him, he's a good buddy of mine for years, even if he's somewhat new around here. Plus we live just about 2 miles apart.

-Xander

JT, if you put Flatblackcapo on your list, I'll take it for some abuse too. I've got my own plans fo a superduty knife in the works and would like to see some other ieas and if I will hold up to my idea of (serious) abuse.

Btw, I can vouch for him, he's a good buddy of mine for years, even if he's somewhat new around here. Plus we live just about 2 miles apart.

-Xander
I paid him to say that. :D
Thanks, Xander.

Thank you all for your interest! I'll be sending this out right after Christmas to the first PA/tester. In the meantime, here's another teaser pic....

tumblr_my9yfn8b101t96crwo1_1280.jpg

Elmax @ 58Rc, HT by Peters'. Full flat grind. G10 scales and liners. I took these pictures this very morning; this knife has already been "rode hard and put away wet".

Quite frankly, I fully expected to be pleased with this alloy when I first started using it last year, and had high expectations based on my research and reports from other knifemakers and users... because the chemistry makes a lot of sense to me and the manufacturing tolerances are so tight.

But I was blown away by the beating Elmax has taken in my hands, and especially in other people's hands at the Fall 2013 BeckerHead Gathering... with nary a hiccup.

I'll leave considerations of my design up to y'all, and answer questions about that as they come along :)

More specs and pics of the sheath coming soon...

Last edited:
Sweet. Looks very pretty and useful at the same time. :)
What are the dimensions (especially the length of the handle)
Thank you.

Thanks for the kind words, gents. :) Please invite your friends to check this out.

More details coming soon... stay tuned!

Last edited:
Jens - the handle is a generous length but contoured well enough to be comfortable in a wide range of hand sizes.

I've discovered that in order to build a name for myself, it's absolutely crucial to innovate and go a bit beyond the average, in order to provide more clients with better knives.

With that in mind, one of the things I did a little differently with this knife was to purposely make the handle larger than "normal", but still make it comfortable for people with average or small hands.

Reports thus far have been tremendously encouraging... this prototype has gotten enthusiastically high marks for comfort and balance from petite women, very large men, and "normal" people in-between.

Thank you all for your interest! I'll be sending this out right after Christmas to the first PA/tester. In the meantime, here's another teaser pic....
Elmax @ 58Rc, HT by Peters'. Full flat grind. G10 scales and liners.

HELLoooo!!

Great looking knife and one I'd be interested in adding to my collection as I don't have one of his style in my collection yet and I could definitely put this through its paces.

I'd love to handle one of your knives but I don't think I have the time to give it the proper attention it deserves. I can't wait to read the reviews, though!
:thumbup:

Back