Genuine Bura made fighting knife

Got it this morning, the 15" Sirupati I ordered for my next "field trip". Why didn't y'all tell me about these before? It's one of the finest fighting knives I've ever held. It's got as much reach as my old BAS, but it's a heck of a lot lighter, quicker, straighter, and pointier. You could make a lot of cuts in a hurry with this one, and the blade is just heavy enough to make sure those cuts are bone deep. This is one you could manipulate well in close quarters and stab with if you needed to. Sure, an 18" AK is a much more awesome and intimidating khuk, but I know which one I rather pack around all day long. This one ain't too big, it's just big enough.

I had ordered a wood handle thinking it would be easier to reshape if I needed to do some custom fitting. It's horn, but Uncle ain't getting this one back, and I'd beat he&& out of anybody that tried tinkering with it. Bura made it right. Next time you shake hands with an old friend you haven't seen in a while, you'll know what the handle of this knife feels like. What about the blade? Well, Bura made it, so what do you think?:D :D :D

Sarge

Good deal! Some feel that 20" is optimal for the sirupati, but 15" is alot in a much easier to carry package. Won't draw as much attention either.:D

I got a 15" Bura siru last year, its a pure fighter. It put my CS Tanto into early retirement.

I liked the 21" GS for the same reasons you like that siru. They are both very 'weaponized' versions of the HI khuk, IMHO.

Keith

I have a 12" Bura Dhankuta that is "pure fighter" too; and it's even easier to conceal and carry that a 15" Siru!

Don't overlook a Durba Chiruwa AK either. It's 28 ounces and 16.5", but its thick spine and full tang make it feel deceptively light and quick. It's also an awesome chopper - reduced my Christmas tree into toothpicks in about a minute!

Like I said elsewhere, the 15" Sirupati feels fine til you put a 12" Sirupati next to a Bauchop Alleycat w/ 8" blade. Same length blade, so what more do you need? If you're going to wear it openly a 15" is fine. But a 17" 14oz chainpuri is even better.

And tell me, how do you justify a 15" next to a 12"? No way could I leave a 12" behind.

Originally posted by Rusty
And tell me, how do you justify a 15" next to a 12"? No way could I leave a 12" behind.

My 15" siru weighs 13 oz. My 12" siru weighs about 4 pounds. :rolleyes:

"No way could I leave a 12" behind."

Have no fear Rusty, a 12" Siru will be going along, a good one, made by Sher. Gave it to a good friend of mine, a fellow senior non-com. We did the Afghanistan trip together, and it looks like we'll be together again on this next deal. He told me over there that he wanted a khukuri, but not one of ,"them big honkin' swords" the young guys were toting. I didn't forget and he's plumb tickled with that mean little booger. Before I'm done, I'll wind up handing out most (but not all;) ) of my khukuris for the trip. I cherish my khukuris, but I cherish my teammates more.

Sarge

Hello Sarge. Thank you for your service to our country and good luck. Sent you an email, let me know what you think. Logan

Don't forget to send me your APO address and a place I can email you. Got some questions and maybe some things to send over to your team. And no, they don't include any khuks. That is, at this time.

PS: "mean little booger" is right on the money for the 12" siru's and some of the lighter other 12"ers. Say the light 12" AKs coming thru lately. BTW, a few more coats and the 15"er may pull a stint doing bedroom duty.

Originally posted by Rusty
BTW, a few more coats and the 15"er may pull a stint doing bedroom duty.

Hummphf, Snort!!!!
I ain't touching that one with a ten foot pole!!!!:rolleyes: :eek: :p :D

A 12" Siru will be going along, a good one, made by Sher. Gave it to a good friend of mine, a fellow senior non-com. We did the Afghanistan trip together, and it looks like we'll be together again on this next deal.... Before I'm done, I'll wind up handing out most (but not all) of my khukuris for the trip. I cherish my khukuris, but I cherish my teammates more.
Sarge, before you head out, please try to make to the Dog and Duck for a plate of something hot and a glass or two of something cold. And I'll have a few items in the back of the Jeep for your troops.
Berk

I have one of Bura's little 15" Sirupati masterpieces too. It is one of the three khukuris currently present at my house.

The little Sirupati is the knife that most often accompanies me on hikes where I anticipate building a fire. It does not have the chopping ability of a heavier khuk, but it gets the job done and has never let me down in the field.

Mine has been modified and aged. Art Swyhart put on a solid brass butcap. I just pulled it out of my shoulder bag and notice that the blade has flecks of rust and the horn handle could use some lanolin. I guess it's time for me to give it a rubdown.

Although I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of this knife during a fight, I think its uses extend far beyond fighting.

Sarge, I hope your little Sirupati serves you well as you place yourself in harm's way. Please give all of your knives a "proof test" prior to taking them with you. Your efforts are appreciated.

This coat just might do it. As to the "bedroom duty" I do mean as a security blanket like Linus. Alongside a 3" bbld. Chiefs' Special Target" that I worked the grips over on to fit my hands. The auto's are fine for when I'm wide awake, but I still trust the old fashioned revolver for those half awake and half frightened moments.

If, on the other hand, you were trying to find out something else, I still have the Grove Press version of Donation Alphonse Francois Comte De Sade's The 120 Days of Sodom . You may also wish to try finding Leupold Von Sacher-Masoch's Venus in Furs. Kraft-Ebbing is by now quite dated. A. N. Roquellaire's ( Ann Rice's nom de plume for her S/M erotic books ) like the Beauty trilogy should go to the top of your list. Satisfied?

Rusty, I'm just a knuckle dragging enlisted guy, hope all them books got lots of pictures:( :D

Sarge

As a matter of fact I was cleaningf out my wallet and found a $50 gift certificate to Amazon.com left over from Christmas. Can you suggest some of the better versions?

Back