Gerber Shard v.s. County Comm pico widgy bar

Just wondering which one I should get I don't know much about these mini pry bars. Which one is more useful and has better quality?

I don't have either but based on personal reviews in fora I'm visiting, users tend to lean towards the Shard. It's what I plan to buy next.

If you are in the US, then get the widgey, its going to be tougher, and more useful. The shard is a bit gimmicky, and is not a great keyring tool if you ever pocket your keys. If outside the US its such a pain to get a widgy that the shard is a better option.

I seldom use a small prybar beyond the capability of a SAK. Yeah... I own them. More pocket junk that generally have a sharp edge. I did use one to pop off the numbers on my mail box pole so I could paint it in the last week or two. I keep real prybars in my vehicle... small to large and they get used for work stuff often.

I've had a Shard on my keyring for the last couple of years - it's handy, but not perfect. It handles a lot of things adequately, but doesn't master any one job. Not sure if I'd choose the Pico over the Shard.

~Chris

Last edited:
I much prefer this one

CAM05429_zpseulqmzga.jpg

but of those two, the Shard is hard to beat IMO

Oh I also recommend this one, it won't take much torque compared to others but the drivers are handy and it's very easy to carry around, in the keychain, belt loop, bag...

CAM03770_zpsfkmozqdy.jpg

CAM02357_zpsfcte3csm.jpg

Back