German Throwing knife - Black mamba

kancler

Hi guys!

Does anybody know anything about throwing knives, made in Germany(Solingen) and labeled "Black Mamba". I got one and just would like to know anything about it. On a blade it says - Edge Brand, Solingen, Germany, Black Mamba, throwing knife.

Thank you in advance.

Let’s see if we can find the right forum …
attachment.php

Sharp pionted, blue black mirrored finish with a snake stamped on the bare handle? I haven't seen one for sale since the 70's. There may be a newer version than the one I'm referring to though. Mine are carbon steel, and the finish didn't last long. They have needle points so I wonder how many got thrown away after breaking the tip off throwing them at trees. They were sharp enough I wouldn't want one thrown at me. Good luck. Joe

I bought one in 1984. Bright red sheath, too.

It was a nice, very lightweight blade that had a surprisingly sharp tip but a gentle edge to it that made it very safe.

As The Mastiff observed, there were problems with it.

I concluded it was too lightweight to be a good thrower, but continued to practice with it. I found my ability to stick the Mamba was fairly rare, when I could stick nearly anything else...it was purely a weight issue. There wasn't enough mass for good penetration.

Sadly, like The Mastiff, I threw mine at a solid wood target. It glanced back and sounded funny when it hit the floor. As soon as I picked it up, I saw the tip was completely bent until it nearly rolled like a comma.

When I tried to straighten the tip back... it snapped right off.

I don't recall what I paid for it back then, but I know it was extremely inexpensive.

i have one, they are in fact to light to throw from over 9 feet. mine bends in the middle if thrown to hard and glances.
April 5 2010, the tip broke off after 29 years of being thrown

Last edited:
I had one as a kid. Loved it till one day it snapped in half right at the handle/ blade transition, soooo no more mamba!

Back