Gift membership

colubrid

Gold Member
I used to be a Gold member here for years but this new site has my head so spinning I am not renewing until I see the glitches (and there are many) get worked out.

So I click on a paying member name to make contact for purchase and I see an obvious button for "GIFT MEMBERSHIP" after you click on their name(?) weird thing to put IMO)) .. So I click on a non-paying member and there is no option for "gifting a membership". Makes no sense.

Like I said this new format is so weird I am not paying for a membership until all these things get worked out. I am sure I am not the only one who thinks this and hopefully the moderators will view this as constructive criticisim.

Gifting a membership seems to only be for paying members, I have the option to gift a membership and it opens up a new window to do exactly that.

Maybe the nonpaying member restricted that option?
(That option is in the privacy section...while we can't turn off features - which is a bit of an annoyance, IMO - we can restrict access)

For example, I dislike the profile message feature. I can't disable it, under the new system; but I can (and do) restrict who can leave messages on my profile. One thing I'm not totally clear on - which may be a factor in your experience - is how the options are defined. There are 3 options - all visitors, members only, and people you follow only. My first impression was that all visitors meant exactly that; so I have deselected that option in every case. Members only I thought would mean anybody logged in to a registered account...but it could actually refer to paid memberships. colubrid colubrid - if you would, click on my name & let me know if you see the Gift Membership option (I have that restricted to members only).
The last option, people you follow only, doesn't leave any doubts...as long as I don't follow anybody, that selection effectively disables the options I have so restricted.

Last edited:
Back