Glow-in-the-dark powder and epoxy mix for knives and multitools

I've only done a few simple projects, but these materials and methods have worked ok for me.

Devcon 2 ton epoxy(from walmart), glowinc.com glow powder, bottle cap, toothpick for mixing and application to fill small holes, syringe to fill larger holes.

CIMG6611.jpg

I just put a small amount of the two epoxy compounds in the bottle cap, then add a little glow powder and stir it well with the toothpick to get any bubbles out, add more powder if necessary, but not too much where it gets clumpy. You want it to flow like syrup/honey as you use the toothpick to apply small globs to fill holes on knives, tools, flashlights, gadgets, etc... An insulin syringe or similar can be used to fill larger spaces, like hollow rivets or grooves.

The mix will settle as it dries on an object. Just mix enough to do a small section at a time since the mix gets harder to work within a short time. Let the work sit for a couple of hours before mixing and doing more. It will still be tacky after a couple of hours. Any excess or overspill can be carefully scraped away with the toothpick or a fingernail after it starts to harden up, and it can also be sanded down if needed when it's completely hardened.

Here' a couple of my SOG multitools and a utility knife with the mix applied. With the stronger glow powders, a few minutes exposure to light and they'll still be glowing 12 or more hours later.

CIMG6299.jpg

CIMG6300.jpg

CIMG6295.jpg

CIMG7283.jpg

CIMG7285.jpg

CIMG6452.jpg

CIMG6456.jpg

Wow. what a great idea!
Sort of a poor mans tritium add-on.

You must have a good camera and or tripod. I tried taking some pictures of lanyards I've made using GITD paracord. The glow didn't show up very well at all in the pictures.

Yours look great.

That's a great idea, and you did a downright artistic job with the application.

Back