Glue for bonding tek-lok and leather?

This is maybe a strange request, but I've purchased a jeweler's loupe to be able to identify arthropods better; it comes with a little leather pouch, and I was thinking of ways to carry it; a lot of other naturalists would carry it on a lanyard, but I hate having things around my neck, especially in the bush. I have a small tek-lok lying around, and I was considering attaching the leather loupe case to the tek-lok. There are of course screw holes in the tek-lok and there should be space under the flap of the case so maybe just tying a bit of paracord around it will be enough, but I was thinking of trying to use contact cement or a similar adhesive to bond the leather to the attachment more permanently, keeping it more rigidly on my hip rather than flapping about.

So, has anyone done some nonsense like this? Any glues to recommend? I imagine I'd want to rough up the tek lok texture with some sandpaper before applying any adhesive.

My thoughts are just punch holes for Chicago screws into the leather sheath and make it sturdy and removable if needed. I think unless the leather is very stiff most glues will not hold over time.

My thoughts are just punch holes for Chicago screws into the leather sheath and make it sturdy and removable if needed. I think unless the leather is very stiff most glues will not hold over time.
That makes so much more sense, thanks mate!

In case anyone comes across this thread; neither methods worked for me, though the suggested method was better in theory. The case was so tightly fitted to the lens that even adding the grommets slightly impeded inserting and removing the lens, even more so with screws inserted (which prevented entirely insertion or removal). I then tried gluing it, which felt alright, but for use in the bush, I felt that a strong tug on a branch or a bush would tear it off like the commenters above thought, so I got a second case and just put it on a carabiner to hang on a belt loop

I'm sorry it didn't work I would have liked to see the pouch to give better suggestions. Yes the screw heads can get in the way on the inside of a sheath or pouch but often times you can stretch out the area where the screw heads would sit to give the extra room needed. I make my own protective pouches for my smart phone so I can keep it in my tool pouches at work and hang it on my pants belt whenever I'm not wearing my tool belt. I use waterproof coated cordura with a fleece lining for padding and I use a heavy webbing loop to attach a smaller climbing strength carabiner to clip it on my belt loop. So I understand wanting good secure attachments for field use.

small Ulti-clip.

The one on top is the large one, but you get the idea.
IMG20230926071152.jpg

Back