Gone....are you sorry?

I have had a few over the last few years that I wish I hadn't sold or traded.

Rock lobster, ATR ss pe, Barong,(dumb, dumb), Advertura (1000 post GAW),R2 se, and camo and orange Millies.

What about you ? Any you wish you still had

Edit: I was referring about Spyderco knives because this the Spyderco forum. All other brands are welcome too if you want

to include them. I guess I should have said Spyderco only.

Last edited:
Had a couple of older Puma folders that I miss. Old school quality. Gave one to a buddy who broke the blade dressing a deer(dumbass). I sold the second one and most of my other collectibles to fund my modern designed folders.

Most of the ones I miss having were gifts, so I don't regret them, but wish I still had them at the same time, if that makes sense.

No. Everything I ever sold has been forgotten or replaced. When I started collecting in 2004 it was easier to have sale regrets, because good knives were harder to replace. Now it is the opposite, and I am far more likely to regret buying than selling.

I look back at my old exchange posts and cringe. I have sold or traded away a Lum tanto, a barong, m390pm2, m390 millies, rock salt (which finally has been redeemed with the latest sprint), and many more that I can't remember right now. All of which I sold or traded for less than I even bought them for.

Without getting into the whole background...no, I don't really regret selling any. Sure, some I see now I sold years ago are worth a whole lot more than what I got but that's the market and we all wish we had a crystal ball. The thing I learned from some life events is that you can't take it with you and it's just material things, sounds like a downer but that's my view now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I regret giving away my two 93-94 Enduras. At the time, I gave them away because I didn't know how to fix them. Now I do, so I wish I had them back.

But, I'm really not as selfish as this post may imply, I'm glad they went to other forumites.

Bought and sold a lot of knives over the years. The one I can say I honestly miss the knife is a Super Blue Endura.

I've sold a few and given away more. Don't regret any of them. I'll get more and i've already got too many as it is.

Never regret selling any Spydies but I do miss my CKF T90 and XM18 3" slicer.

Never sold a knife, I've given away many and don't regret a single one. As Surfingringo said "I'll get more and i've already got too many as it is".

Mike

The only one I truly regret is my Sage 3 CF. Now I know soneone will say, just get another. It was an anniversary gift from my wife. We've been separated a while now, but I wish I had the knife still because it was a very thought out gift to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

The only one I truly regret is my Sage 3 CF. Now I know soneone will say, just get another. It was an anniversary gift from my wife. We've been separated a while now, but I wish I had the knife still because it was a very thought out gift to me.

That's interesting. I have a knife that was a gift from my ex. I have thought many times to sell it but the circumstances of that particular gift made it a very special and considerate gesture. So yeah, that person isn't in my life or my heart anymore but it seems somehow right to still honor the thought and love behind the gift. Guess I'll hang onto that one.

That's interesting. I have a knife that was a gift from my ex. I have thought many times to sell it but the circumstances of that particular gift made it a very special and considerate gesture. So yeah, that person isn't in my life or my heart anymore but it seems somehow right to still honor the thought and love behind the gift. Guess I'll hang onto that one.
I traded it out of anger, felt really crappy when I told her about it

I don't sell knives, I gift them.
I gave my favorite folder (CRKT M16 without the terrible Autolawks, bought circa 1995 and carried almost daily until 2014) to a fisherman in Santorini, while in holidays.
When I went back, I wanted to purchase it again... Couldn't find old models anywhere. But I was so happy when I saw how glad and proud this guy was when he got it, it made my day. And created a very strong bond between me and that guy.

I used to get rid of all gifts from my ex's. My dad and my closest buddy now own very, very fine blades.
I regret some customs that are not made anymore.
Life goes on, there are a lot of days and a lot of knives.

Last edited:
Back