Good grief, it's f**kin hot!

Gossman Knives

Edged Toolmaker
Man, I can't stand summer.:mad: Give me the fall and spring time weather anyday. My shop is like a blast furnace. I'll be adding an air conditioner this week. It is suppose to cool off a bit in a day or two.
Scott

Same here, and also VERY humid. Between the heat, rain, and tornado watches, I`m already looking forward to Fall!

John

I'm ALWAYS looking forward to the fall...but not because of the heat, because of the HUNTING!!

My solution was to move to Colorado Springs. The air is thin, dry, and rarely gets above 90. As long as you are in the shade or there is a breeze you almost never feel hot, let alone sticky. Most people are like me and don't even own home air conditioners. The dry thin air is also nice in the winter. It just doesn't have a lot of bite to it unless you have an unusually cold day and the wind is blowing. When the winter sun comes out it gets too warm to wear a heavy coat when you shovel snow. There are maybe 30 days of serious cold and or snow a year. For me that's a much better trade than 90 days a year of muggy weather.

It's also so dry up here that we have very few mosquitoes and no biting flies. I can easily go a whole year without getting a mosquito bite. I have a cat and two dogs and rarely see a flea. It's even too dry for dust mites so my allergy to house dust went away.

A cold front blew through today and it was about 65 degrees and 30% humidity, yesterday it was more like 78 degrees and 20% humidity.

Well, do not bother every visiting then! I was born in Miami, and never can deal.

The evening temps are upper 70's [indoors] with A/C running!

Most days it is upper 80's before noon and the humidity is alway 80% or 100%-- it down right SUCKS!

If you do not have A/C forget about it ... you sweet in your sleep.

The fishing is great!

Jeff, that sounds like the place for me. :thumbup:

One reason for me to visit Miami is to see Emily Proctor from CSI Miami. :thumbup:
Scott

I'm with you Scott, the heat sucks. I was going to say that you could always head up my way, but the weather has been brutal up here the last week or so too. Much cooler up my way today. Sunday I completed my CERT training, in a townhall with no AC. Let me tell ya, 3.5 hours of doing CPR on a crash dummy in that heat..... I probably lost 5 pounds.

Of course the flipside is we all could be in the NW where they got two feet of snow this week, with drifts up to 5ft deep! http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25082517/

Or stuck in the midwest, tornadoes and flooding. SITREP on everybody effected by the bad weather? Everybody okay out there?

Hotting up here too. And rainy season starts this month. YAY! I love it when mould starts growing on the walls of my apartment:(

It's gonna be 90 today in B-more, then it MIGHT hit 80 tomorrow, and MIGHT hit 70 on Wednesday and Thursday. Perfect days for hiking, and I will be at work. Wednesday afternoon should be fun though :).

Last weekend it was high of 84 and I spent most of both days off unloading 2 tons of gravel with a shovel and weed eating.:rolleyes: I guess it was good "survival" training;)

Weekend before it was in the 90's and humid as hell and the wife and I would go out and try to do stuff and the heat would just beat us back in the house after 15 min or so:rolleyes:

It is supposed to cool off this weekend and I'm glad because we're leaving friday for 2 nights of car camping at the WV Folk Festival and then 2 nights and 3 days of backpacking at the Laurel Fork Wilderness. Nothing worse than being in the MOUNTAINS and it being too hot.:(

This week, the weather is suppose to be below normal temps and low humidity. I could take all summer like this. :thumbup:
Scott

Dont know how it's been for the other folks here, but the last two days have been killers here in New England. Today it is going to be high 80's to mid 90's with high humidity.... NOT fun. :( I dont envy anyone working in the heat.....

Back