Good Riddance!

Belly

Gold Member
Any company with such a poor attitude does not deserve a forum.

I say "GOOD RIDDANCE TO REKAT".

Belly

P.S.
I have felt this way for quite awhile. I stopped buying from REKAT over a year ago. Benchmade, Spyderco, Microtech, Kershaw and many others CARE about their customers, and they show it.

:eek: ...................... sounds like the love in your heart is gone for REKAT////////////// ;) :D

I for one don't like to see a forum like this close, especially when you have devoted knife enthusiasts who really like REKAT's knives.

Whatever the case, there will always be some level of negativity in any maker's forum from people who either have complaints about quality control or service or whatever. The fact is, I have seen people complain about issues with production knives from almost every brand so REKAT is not alone. The difference is, that reputable companies usually respond fairly quickly.

QC is an issue that turns some away from a specific brand when there is a pattern of defective merchandise being sold. I had that happen to me with one particular production company, but I have been seeing improvements in QC and now feel confident enough to purchase their products. Nevertheless, if a company's customer service responds quickly to a complaint, then everyone is happy.
If a company rep complains about too much negative feedback and threatens to close a forum, then one has to wonder about their overall customer service and if it is indeed worth buying the product.

Well...that's my 2 cents.

I have to agree that REKAT makes a great product. But not responding on the forums is very poor business scense. The problem the way I see it, is people are going to continue to praise and complain on the forums anyways. REKAT NEEDS to be involved with their customers and this is perhaps the best way. Running away isn't going to solve anything. Dealing with the issues is.

You can make a great product, have the best customer service, and low q/c problems but if your potential customers don't know that, your going to be fighting the up hill battle of making a sucessful business.

I wish them all the best and I look forward to seening new and exciting products from them. I hope they reconsider forum removal and think about how great of a tool this forum can be with some participation.

Originally posted by Centurian
You can make a great product, have the best customer service, and low q/c problems but if your potential customers don't know that, your going to be fighting the up hill battle of making a sucessful business.

Sounds like you make a good case for a Marketing/Advertising Strategy in their Business Plan.

I wish them all the best and I look forward to seening new and exciting products from them. I hope they reconsider forum removal and think about how great of a tool this forum can be with some participation.[/QUOTE]

Many companies would give their left cajone to have a such a direct connection to what most would regard as a very loyal and vocal collection of supporters.

Wishing REKAT all the best...but most of all wishing...Wakatan...Wakatan...

Stay Safe,
Clyde

Back