Recommendation? Good Traditional Knife?

I've had trappers, sod busters, stockmans, barlows, russlocks, 110s, and many other "traditional knives", but I've never felt that special feeling about one. Don't get me wrong, I love them all, but I want to find one that has that wow factor. All recommendations are welcome. Size doesn't matter much to me, and I'm open to (almost) any style or variant. Price needs to be 175-200.
Thanks -- Aaron

I'm rather fond of trapper style knives with at least one blade but two is even better than one I always say

May I ask if you plan on using or collecting this knife?

I ask because I have some knives in my collection that are fairly special, but the knife I enjoy the most is my GEC #83 Tascosa that I bought used, and carry almost every day. Other than it's size, it doesn't really check any of the boxes that would make "my perfect knife" but yet I spend more time with it than any other knife.

To be honest it sounds like you need to move towards a custom. Though that might be stretching the budget?

User or collectable?
Size?
Wood/bone/stag/synthetic?
Blade number/types?
Stainless or carbon steel?

You're pretty vague...

"Wow Factor" is in your brain - you will know it when you see it. OH

Wiser words were never written.

The most I've ever spent on a knife was a $500 custom traditional knife that I had made to my specifications. It's an awesome knife but the one that gives me that warm fuzzy feeling that we all seek is a Queen knife that cost me $72.

It just takes some trial and error. The perfect knife for me probably won't be the perfect knife for you. Just keep trying different knives and enjoy the journey.

Planterz Planterz I prefer bone or stag, but as far as dimensions, styles, # of blades, and steel type go, I just want to hear what other people think. If I gave my exact wishes down to the tee, then I wouldn't get much variation in people's suggestions now would I? I just want to know what other people would suggest for an eye-catching, on-a-budget, quality traditional folder. That is all. Thanks everyone for the suggestions, I think I need to look at some GEC's based on yall's feedback! Thanks!

Ok. Just went to GEC's website, and there was a SFO of "lone star #48" to a knife shop that is literally 3 mins from where I live. I'll have to check those out sometime...

Ok. Just went to GEC's website, and there was a SFO of "lone star #48" to a knife shop that is literally 3 mins from where I live. I'll have to check those out sometime...

When it comes to GEC, the phrase "There's no time like the present" is particularly applicable.

The GEC #92 pattern Eureka, or Eureka jacks in general, seem to have a universal appeal. They are mid-sized, around 3½" closed give or take an eighth inch, and both disappear in the pocket and feel great in hand. Here are a couple to look at.

Fight'n Rooster, Solingen made, 3.45" closed
FReurekamarkopen_zpsb23ac77d.jpg~original

GEC Northfield, American made, 3.68" closed
20130716_153217_zps234174d5.jpg~original

Back