Gossman A2 PSK!!!!

k_estela

Co-Moderator, Wilderness and Survival Skills Forum
USPS priority mail is fast! Scott called me and told me it would be dropped in the mail on Saturday. I got it Monday! What you ask? My A2 PSK that I have since cord wrapped using an alternating overlapping method. It starts with a girth hitch around the first lanyard hole and then alternates right over left the way down. Don't worry, I'll post pictures once I get better lighting. I'm carrying this knife in a Sharpshooter Sheath Systems pocket pouch that also holds a nice 3/8" ferro rod.

Scott, this combo is awesome and I'll definitely put it through its paces this coming week at the WLC. I'm sure the class will be interested in seeing this one!

That was fast. Funny you mention the Sharpshooter pocket sheath. I just ordered one for my micarta PSK and LMF Army rod. :thumbup: Looking forward to seeing that cord wrap also.
Scott

Here are some pictures of the A2 PSK that I've carried behind my wallet every single day (only 3 days now!) since it came in the mail. It is cord wrapped in a manner that is easy to take on and off in the field without tools to pull the ends through when traditionally whipping it. This ability might prove itself useful since I would not hesitate to undo the wrapping in a situation when cordage is needed in a hurry. If I had an elaborate wrap job done, I might hesitate to take it off since putting it on would be very time consuming. The only thing I would do differently next time is ask Scott to make the hole closest to the butt a little closer to the ricasso to prevent the paracord from slipping off. It isn't an issue now as it just rolls slightly off the butt and doesn't loosen entirely.

As for the sheath, I treated it with Snow Seal Silicon and it is very water and sweat resistant. With the ferro rod, cordage and knife, I have 3 basic needs covered. I really like this set up and hope you guys and gals enjoy the pictures.

100_1725.jpg

100_1726.jpg

100_1728.jpg

100_1729.jpg

Nice rig, Kev.
I never thought about the SS sheath and the PSK.

Kev, what diameter ferro rod is that? Also did the knife go in the sheath easily, not too tight?
Scott

3/8" ferro rod Scott. At first, the knife goes in tightly but it only takes a little bit before the leather stretches just enough.

3/8" ferro rod Scott. At first, the knife goes in tightly but it only takes a little bit before the leather stretches just enough.

Great. I want to put my A2 micarta handled PSK in the one I've got coming. I'm going to put a LMF Army ferro rod in mine.
Scott

That is a sweet setup!
Gotta love Scott's A2 PSK!
Hope Santa thinks I have been good this year.

Back