Gossman Knives Campout/Shop Tour

Would anyone being around the Baltimore area who could give me a lift?

Just a heads up Kev Estela will be doing a clinic, most likely on Sat. As quoted by Kev, "I will cover how to construct fires from fire lay (teepee/log cabin/etc) to methods (flint and steel, bow drill, ferro rod) maintenance and then some different applications for it. These will include shelter, water purification and signaling."
There will also be a round table discussion about woodsmanship skills, basic survival skills less all the technology.
BTW, knife writing legend and my good friend Dan Shecthman will be there on Sat. Unless firewood duty calls him away. :D

Scott

i'm about 50/50 on pulling this off. might be able to head down saturday at first light and crash, then roll out sunday. have you guys considered maybe a swap meet? cuz i could bring some stuff to trade that ight interest others :thumbup:

i'm about 50/50 on pulling this off. might be able to head down saturday at first light and crash, then roll out sunday. have you guys considered maybe a swap meet? cuz i could bring some stuff to trade that ight interest others :thumbup:

Great, hope it works out. Yes, there will be trade blankets/swap meet.
BTW, the weather looking outstanding. Low to mid 70's during the day, upper 40's at nite. No stinkin' rain predicted.
Scott

Got a pretty sizeable amount of firewood cut. Dead oak on the ground. Probably about a 25 foot tree. I cheated, used my chainsaw to cut it up. :D It's up to you guys to split. Of course I'll be helping. We've got axe work, so bring them.
Scott

Hey Scott and Co.

I am not going to be able to make it, as some thing unfortunate has happened and I have to work. Scott I will be seeing Kevin on Monday, so if you want to pass off the challenge knife to him I can get it from him then. It's up to you.
I had a blast last year with you all and have been looking forward to seeing you all again for a while. Take lots of pics and drink a few for me fellas.

I would like to thank everyone who came this weekend. The weather was outstanding and we had an awesome time.
Scott

Scott,

Thanks for allowing all of us to come out and enjoy a weekend at your shop. I think that everyone had a great time.

Seeing how things are done really makes us appreciate the quality of your blades.

It was a really good time! I enjoyed putting faces with names, sharing knowledge, and the camaraderie. I learned a lot too. Next time I'm going to pack much less. Thanks again Scott for hosting this again! :thumbup::thumbup:

Way cool event, Scott. Gets better every year. It was great to see old friends and meet new people and you packed a lot of information and fun into a weekend. I have never seen such a fast paced trade blanket of quality knives. Looked like every one left the table happy. Thanks for hosting an awesome event.

Thanks Scott, it was a real honor to win that Tusker! Thanks to everyone for the great trades. Mike, I hope you like that Fallkniven!

Dan, it is a great knife. It is one that has eluded my scrutiny for some time and when I saw it on your stash, I knew I'd get it. Thanks for the deal, you were generous. As mentioned above, about the best swap selection of knives I have ever seen. Something for all tastes. Congrats on scoring the Tusker. A museum piece indeed.

Thank you guys for helping make the weekend great. That goes for everyone who came. Mike, very good discussion you and Ed put together. Really makes you think twice.
Enjoy the Tusker SHS!
Scott

Back